• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Kinda New member from Indiana

jdfog2

HI all,

I joined in the Spring but just recently started looking around in here.
I'm from West Central Indiana
Retired Air Force. Now work at a large company in Indy.

I have a 2013 R1200RT and a 2011 VStrom 650

Thanks
JD

Welcome JD. If you are able to join many Hoosier Beemers are heading to the Falling Leaf Rally near Potosi Missouri this weekend. It is an exeellent opportunity to meet lots of riders from Indiana and the midwest. And next September the Hoosier Rally in North Vernon at Muscatatuck County Park is another place to meet local (and not-so-local) riders.

Wilkommen JD! Took ya awhile to find the Forum - must be distracted...

We get up to Indy a couple of times a year; boyhood chum lives on Geist Reservoir. Nice gig if you can get it... :brow

We're down I-65 just a bit; both retired military. Now CoddiWompling our way throughout North America [4-weeks yet to go]. Just accomplished this 'dirt nap' this afternoon. :heh

HSV_Dirt_Nap.jpeg

Enjoy your rides in the countryside; it's good to have options (we've 7 parked out back). Headed to Barber's Vintage Days Festival later this week (t'was cancelled last year -- our 1st opportunity). >> https://www.barbermuseum.org/barber-vintage-festival/

Be safe & be seen out there; maybe add some bright LEDs? >> https://www.skenelights.com << Don't know if Loud Pipes Pointed Aft actually will protect U, but Bright Lights facing Forward might catch a Geezer's eye! I learned this years ago... :cry

Pencil on your dance card the MOA National Rally next June! Might be fun for a NooB to attend the club's Big 50th B'day celebrations. :thumb

Happy Trails this Autumn from the Tennessee River Valley. :wave

Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

USAF-Ret'd -&- USN-Ret'd

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - - -'16 R1200RS

At least you made it. ;)
Welcome to the forum!
Gary

Hi Gary - and everyone else that replied !
SA9.jpg

Thanks for the greeting - I am a wee bit tardy in looking at this again and replying
But saying thank you is better late than never I hope!

Jay

Wilkommen JD! Took ya awhile to find the Forum - must be distracted...

We get up to Indy a couple of times a year; boyhood chum lives on Geist Reservoir. Nice gig if you can get it... :brow

We're down I-65 just a bit; both retired military. Now CoddiWompling our way throughout North America [4-weeks yet to go]. Just accomplished this 'dirt nap' this afternoon. :heh

View attachment 85461

Enjoy your rides in the countryside; it's good to have options (we've 7 parked out back). Headed to Barber's Vintage Days Festival later this week (t'was cancelled last year -- our 1st opportunity). >> https://www.barbermuseum.org/barber-vintage-festival/

Be safe & be seen out there; maybe add some bright LEDs? >> https://www.skenelights.com << Don't know if Loud Pipes Pointed Aft actually will protect U, but Bright Lights facing Forward might catch a Geezer's eye! I learned this years ago... :cry

Pencil on your dance card the MOA National Rally next June! Might be fun for a NooB to attend the club's Big 50th B'day celebrations. :thumb

Happy Trails this Autumn from the Tennessee River Valley. :wave

Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

USAF-Ret'd -&- USN-Ret'd

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - - -'16 R1200RS

Vielen Dank Phil and Karen!

Welcome JD. If you are able to join many Hoosier Beemers are heading to the Falling Leaf Rally near Potosi Missouri this weekend. It is an exeellent opportunity to meet lots of riders from Indiana and the midwest. And next September the Hoosier Rally in North Vernon at Muscatatuck County Park is another place to meet local (and not-so-local) riders.

Thank you sgtbill.

Sorry I missed seeing this earlier. Been a really really messed up period for us since the start of Covid.
Hope that's mostly behind us now.

I will make it a point to get to that Hoosier Rally if at all possible and I am a "strongly thinking about it" on the BMW rally in Springfield.
I had a knee replaced about 18 months ago. I "broke" and tore the only remaining "OEM" parts near that knee about 11 weeks ago.

I just rode my bike TONIGHT to see how that was going to go and I am very optimistic.

I'm planning a July sightseeing and trout fishing trip to Montana with my youngest who is graduating from college soon.
Sort of a "last of his youth guys trip." (He's been a man for quite a while though)

I am working my butt off trying to make sure I am in shape to wade in those waters. (We do have one guided boat all day float reserved and I may reserve another day after I evaluate this knee again a month from now)

I was stationed with the Army early in my AF career (Frankfurt, Germany - US Army V Corps ) and worked with them a few other times on deployments, and my "final" Air Force job for 4 and a half years was supporting the AirLand Battle mission.
I understand some of the significance of that Big Red 1. A proud heritage you're part of!

Nice to "meet" you !
JD

Welcome JD! Glad you are here. Pics are always a welcome addition to New Member threads...

Your wish has been granted - ok, kind of, REALLY late but here you go - straight from Eugene, Indiana :)

Thank you for the greeting langoptc !

6_E.jpg

Back