• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Is there a list showing which casting numbers for wheels went on which bikes?

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
While rebuilding my sidecar rig two winters ago I switched to cast rims purchased off eBay. The rear was wider than the OEM GSA rim, so was a better fit for the car tire I used as a pusher. Now I'm considering additional modifications and would like another rim just like the one I have...but I can't remember what bike the seller said it was from (and am not sure if he had it right in the first place). The casting number on one of the spokes is 7 703 881

Any idea where I might be able to look that up?

Pete

IMG_2117.jpeg

Thinking the R1200S would be the widest available rim with correct rotational arrow direction. The similar wider rims on wedge K bikes were flipped with drive on the "wrong" :laugh side

The optional S bike widest was 6.00x17, the stock 5.5x17

Sometimes the casting numbers do not cross with part numbers seems like.

I added 36 31 before your numbers like the rims listed under R models but found nothing by part search on Max's site

Last edited:
Thanks! Looks like the leading link I’m thinking of going with can’t handle a rim wider than 5”. Guess I’ll be sticking with the existing RT front cast rim coupled with the widest rear tire it can handle.

Pete

Back