• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2022 Springfield MO Rally Hotel Recon Findings

Given the cluster of hotels on North Glenstone and the number of members staying there wouldn't it be great if there was a shuttle to the rally site? I sure appreciated the shuttle in Bloomsburg.

I have a related or hopefully unrelated comment about hotels at national rallies. Sitting in the miserable heat at the rally in Doomsburg, PA I made a reservation for the next year in Sedalia, MO, with a non-chain local mom 'n pop motel. I did confirm that reservation about a month before the Sedalia rally. When we got to the motel the desk clerk would not honor the reserved price, claiming that the motel had "new owners" and the price was now $20 per night higher. We argued, and went back and forth. The desk crook finally agreed to charge us only $5 a night more than the reserved price instead of the $20 extra per night, if I would promise not to tell anybody. Since we were hosting Camp GEARS, this was a Monday through Saturday 6 night stay so the upcharge was then $30 total. Not wanting to be homeless for a week I caved. In keeping with my promise the only people I complained to were the Missouri Attorney General's office and the Sedalia Chamber of Commerce and Better Business Bureau.

For this year our reservation was made through Hotels.com with a pre-paid payment using American Express, both of which are protective of their transactions. I don't expect an issue with reputable motels/hotels, but raise the issue just for general awareness of what some in the industry like to do to folks.

I always make my reservations through the hotel chain or the hotel directly. I always make sure I have a confirmation e-mail that I pring and carry with me. When making a reservation with a small hotel if I call I always get the name of the person I spoke to and in most cases I confirm my reservation a few days before. But that is just me YMMV. I have never had an issue.

Given the cluster of hotels on North Glenstone and the number of members staying there wouldn't it be great if there was a shuttle to the rally site? I sure appreciated the shuttle in Bloomsburg.

Or if we mobbed a local eatery one evening!

Coach House. I wanted to be with the cool crowd.
Did you get it worked out?
Did you make sure your reservation was not at the other Best Western?
Did they send you a email confirmation when you made the reservation.

No luck at the Coach House. I reserved by phone Oct 3rd and they were going to email a confirmation nbr. I didn't follow up so I'll be just north of it at the Red Roof Inn. I had reserved the Red Roof earlier and fortunately hadn't cancelled it yet. It is confirmed. On the bright side, Waffle House is across the street. Always entertaining. Smothered and covered.

On the bright side, Waffle House is across the street. Always entertaining. Smothered and covered.

I’ve been to a Waffle House three times in my life. The first time the place was held up by a pistol-brandishing thug as I calmly attacked my hash browns. The second time two stout fortyish women had an argument. One left with much choice language, got in her Monte Carlo and repeatedly rammed her opponent’s little Datsun. The third time there was a knife fight in the parking lot. Having been trained among Marines who routinely beat and stabbed each other, I calmly patched up the loser while waiting for the police.

Haven’t been back since.

I’ve been to a Waffle House three times in my life. The first time the place was held up by a pistol-brandishing thug as I calmly attacked my hash browns. The second time two stout fortyish women had an argument. One left with much choice language, got in her Monte Carlo and repeatedly rammed her opponent’s little Datsun. The third time there was a knife fight in the parking lot. Having been trained among Marines who routinely beat and stabbed each other, I calmly patched up the loser while waiting for the police.

Haven’t been back since.

Jeeesh Pete you do live an exciting life! Please let me know the next time you decide to try Waffle House ... .do I cab make sure I am in another state.

I saw a really beautiful Waffle House waitress one time. Bet no one has ever heard those words spoken.......ever. Really though, i did but it was one time only. I reserve rooms through either the Wyndham Hotel or the Choice Hotels app on my phone. That covers most motels that cost conscious motorcycle travelers would use, besides you get a discount with AARP membership and points that accumulate towards a free room now and then. I usually book all the club rooms so the last time out we got two free rooms. There is much less chance of a reservation mix up if you book directly through the hotel chain website.

Room available

I just cancelled one of my rooms at the BW Coach House, at 3 Jun at 510pm EDT
Happy hunting folks

David

Two extra rooms

Just had a cancellation, so I have two bedrooms available for Wed-Sun at a nice VRBO house, just south of the Fairgrounds. It has 3 dbl bedrooms and two baths, is air conditioned and in a quiet neighborhood. If anyone is interested, let me know. Bob

Room available at the Best Western Coach House

Hi All,
I just had to cancel due to medical issues - if you're interested, call them now...

Ride Safe!

Back