• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2022 Springfield MO Rally Hotel Recon Findings

sbwClp7.png

Could have saved $50 by pre-paying but I'm probably going to camp for 2022's rally but with the wife coming, I wanted to lock in a rate and at least have it in case I need it. I'm a Marriot Loyalist so this was my pick. If she wants to camp, that's what I would prefer to do.

sbwClp7.png

Could have saved $50 by pre-paying but I'm probably going to camp for 2022's rally but with the wife coming, I wanted to lock in a rate and at least have it in case I need it. I'm a Marriot Loyalist so this was my pick. If she wants to camp, that's what I would prefer to do.

Adam ... you can probably save about $100 at the Best Western .... and stay where all the cool kids are staying :laugh

This is the Best Western booking for me... total cost was US$425.56, still not that bad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 12.16.58.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 12.16.58.png
    326.2 KB · Views: 156
…always stay at Marriott. All about maximizing those points.

Yeah .... I'm usually that way with Hilton but in some cases I will drift. Best Western rewards is pretty impressive. Being retired and traveling about 100 nights a year I usually frequent Hilton, IHG, Best Western and Marriott in that order. This one is a no brainer with the perfect motorcycle setup ... park outside your door. But I totally get the loyalty thing.

The Moderators usually try and gather up all the room swapping, room availability changes in one thread as the rally draws closer.
The postings are for the convenience of the members and are self-sorted.
Plans change.
The Mod Team.

Total for the 3 nights at the Days Inn is $251.96. Not too bad all things considered. It's only about a mile or two away on the same side as I44. If we go i have the room, if not it can be cancelled. Next June is a long time away. Plans can change but me and ol lady are planning on both riding the 425 miles up Thursday, with her on her Honda Shadow. Distance about 425 miles. Found a nice low mileage older RT1100 the other day for $1800 but decided against buying it for her. She has had a stroke some years ago and needs something lower to the ground and lighter.

Total for the 3 nights at the Days Inn is $251.96. Not too bad all things considered. It's only about a mile or two away on the same side as I44. If we go i have the room, if not it can be cancelled. Next June is a long time away. Plans can change but me and ol lady are planning on both riding the 425 miles up Thursday, with her on her Honda Shadow. Distance about 425 miles. Found a nice low mileage older RT1100 the other day for $1800 but decided against buying it for her. She has had a stroke some years ago and needs something lower to the ground and lighter.

Just Sayin:
Mrs-HSV is parting company with her 2009 Much-beloved F650GS-twin.
She has put 168,000 miles on it with the original seat(s).... It's very well-cared for and she loves it, but she's now on her sorta-new '16 R1200RS!
So we'll shortly post her bike to the MOA Marketplace. I'm just an MOA interface & backyard mechanic; it's her vehicle/her decision.

Nonetheless, it's a Great Bike for a wanna-be Grand Tourer/Beginner... We've ridden the entire Lower-48 w/Mrs-HSV on this bike.
Just Look at all those Hard-Earned STICKERS it comes with! But wait, there are even more Xtras!
Just Food For Thought. :type
Sincerely,'El Presidente and la Secretary, MOA CC-05, AlaBeemers

Happy Trails whenever/wherever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —&— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —— '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
mailto:secretary@bmwmoal.org

F650GS_twin.jpeg

I recommend confirming your reservations. I booked by phone on October 3rd, just called to confirm and they can't find me. It's scramble time.

I recommend confirming your reservations. I booked by phone on October 3rd, just called to confirm and they can't find me. It's scramble time.

I've been working with Haley at Best Western and she's been awesome. Did you get a confirmation when you booked? I thought I saw some cancellations posted on this site.

I've been thinking of calling to double check and just did.
We're all set at the Best Western Coach House.

I did notice I had the Best Western on South Glenstone saved in my GPS and I corrected that.

I've been thinking of calling to double check and just did.
We're all set at the Best Western Coach House.

I did notice I had the Best Western on South Glenstone saved in my GPS and I corrected that.

The Coach house is on Glenstone but on North Glenstone ... is that other BW also on Glenstone?

The Coach house is on Glenstone but on North Glenstone ... is that other BW also on Glenstone?

Yes the one I mistakenly entered in my GPS is Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven.
It's 2.3 miles south of the Coach House and is on South Glenstone.

Hope people don't get tripped up by the two Best Westerns.

Yes the one I mistakenly entered in my GPS is Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven.
It's 2.3 miles south of the Coach House and is on South Glenstone.

Hope people don't get tripped up by the two Best Westerns.

Yeah it seems like most EVERYTHING is on Glenstone. I looked at the other BW (Route 66 BW) and the Coach House was a better set up for us on motorcycles. And closer to the Rally Site.

I have a related or hopefully unrelated comment about hotels at national rallies. Sitting in the miserable heat at the rally in Doomsburg, PA I made a reservation for the next year in Sedalia, MO, with a non-chain local mom 'n pop motel. I did confirm that reservation about a month before the Sedalia rally. When we got to the motel the desk clerk would not honor the reserved price, claiming that the motel had "new owners" and the price was now $20 per night higher. We argued, and went back and forth. The desk crook finally agreed to charge us only $5 a night more than the reserved price instead of the $20 extra per night, if I would promise not to tell anybody. Since we were hosting Camp GEARS, this was a Monday through Saturday 6 night stay so the upcharge was then $30 total. Not wanting to be homeless for a week I caved. In keeping with my promise the only people I complained to were the Missouri Attorney General's office and the Sedalia Chamber of Commerce and Better Business Bureau.

For this year our reservation was made through Hotels.com with a pre-paid payment using American Express, both of which are protective of their transactions. I don't expect an issue with reputable motels/hotels, but raise the issue just for general awareness of what some in the industry like to do to folks.

Last edited:
Back