• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2022 Springfield MO Rally Hotel Recon Findings

. And THIS hotel in Springfield really lends itself to that type of interaction with the green space there too.

In June I made a reservation at the Baymont north of the Best Western. July I saw pictures of the Best Western and changed our reservation and the nice outdoors area was one of the reasons.

In June I made a reservation at the Baymont north of the Best Western. July I saw pictures of the Best Western and changed our reservation and the nice outdoors area was one of the reasons.

Yep!! Back on my way home from Great Falls I stayed in Springfield at the Hampton Inn. It was fine but not as motorcycle friendly as this Best Western. But it is about 4 miles in the other direction away from the fair grounds. This location is great.

Glenlivet and I have a room there as well. Might cancel and camp if the weather cooperates, so we’ll see what happens.

Pete

04B030B1-3F45-415C-96CE-8A1D90D0C5BA.jpeg

Darn, forgot images have to be spun 360 degrees to appear correctly!

Attachments

• 6F163CBF-E4C4-4CF4-95DE-ED99BDA99635.jpeg
    6F163CBF-E4C4-4CF4-95DE-ED99BDA99635.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 204
+1 Reservation here.

According to Expedia.com only 2 more rooms are left at those dates.

Hope to meet you all in June.

Regards,
Mario

I reserved a room a few weeks ago for my friend and I as a back up plan for hot weather. We would prefer to camp, but late June in Missouri is not usually a great time to be in a tent. Missouri was the hottest part of our ride from Indiana to Great Falls this past summer. I still remember Sedalia.

They still have some rooms left as of today(11/09). I reserved one for 3 nights and cancelled it when i looked closer at the cancellation policy. If you cancel later that one full month before your reservation, you get charged for one night. Too many things can happen in a month. Sorry Best Western, i don't think that's too good of a deal. Got one at the Days Inn nearby. Prices were a bit less for a room with 2 beds compared with the Best Western. I'm sure i'll have plenty of 2 wheel company there too.

Here's something else to consider, when there are a lot of rooms booked at a certain location on a certain weekend, the prices shoot up to almost double. I'm sure some of you know this. We've seen this time and again in the last several years. There is some program they all have that kicks in and notifies the motel owners and then the price increases. I am a member of a large club and we know just as soon as a location and date is announced to get in there and get your room before the price goes up. When hundreds of rooms suddenly are booked, that's all it takes.

They still have some rooms left as of today(11/09). I reserved one for 3 nights and cancelled it when i looked closer at the cancellation policy. If you cancel later that one full month before your reservation, you get charged for one night. Too many things can happen in a month. Sorry Best Western, i don't think that's too good of a deal. Got one at the Days Inn nearby. Prices were a bit less for a room with 2 beds compared with the Best Western. I'm sure i'll have plenty of 2 wheel company there too.

Wooooo!! Not correct !! ... At least not for my reservation that I booked directly in Best Western site. The thing I like about Best Western is they are VERY motorcycle friendly and have a VERY liberal cancellation policy ... usually up to check in date. Here is what my reservation states ....

In addition this hotel is about the closest to the fairgrounds and you can get here by making all right turns (hotels are on a very busy street) and not taking any highways. And park at your door. Hey ... everyone has his/her preference but this one looks about as good as it gets.

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 9.42.16 AM.png

The room that i booked and cancelled this morning through the Best Western website did have that cancellation policy in effect. The latest it could be cancelled without paying a penalty was May 17th. I didn't see it until i booked the room. Most motels that i have had any dealing with, didn't charge a penalty if you cancelled 24 hours in advance. Now that was not the Best Western member option. They also had a pay now no cancellation option for a slightly lower rate. Hmm. The one i booked was one King bed and i see on the reservation printout it says cancel before hotel time on 05/17/2022 to avoid a charge. My dates were correct, June 16-19. Maybe it was because i had 3 nights?

The room that i booked and cancelled this morning through the Best Western website did have that cancellation policy in effect. The latest it could be cancelled without paying a penalty was May 17th. I didn't see it until i booked the room. Most motels that i have had any dealing with, didn't charge a penalty if you cancelled 24 hours in advance. Now that was not the Best Western member option. They also had a pay now no cancellation option for a slightly lower rate. Hmm. The one i booked was one King bed and i see on the reservation printout it says cancel before hotel time on 05/17/2022 to avoid a charge. My dates were correct, June 16-19. Maybe it was because i had 3 nights?

Are you sure you are in the REAL Best Western Site? I just checked and entered check in 6/14 and out 6/18/22 and while the room type was different and rates a bit higher (still good rates) the cancel was SAME DAY AS CHECK IN ... here is a screen shot .... You must be doing something wrong or not on the REAL site. There are a LOT of fake sites out there. Here is the real link if anyone is interested. https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US.html

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.23.55 AM.png

Okay i found out what was going on. Apparently this cancellation policy only applies to the multi night stay discount. Yes i was on the official Best Western site. Now this was not the Best Western Coach House. There are 2 Best Westerns nearby. I had booked the other one.

Okay i found out what was going on. Apparently this cancellation policy only applies to the multi night stay discount. Yes i was on the official Best Western site. Now this was not the Best Western Coach House. There are 2 Best Westerns nearby.

Glad you got it sorted out. :dance

I am booked for 4 nights and think I just got the AAA rate. I checked out both Best Western Hotels ... the other is pretty neat with a Route 66 theme but no at all as convenient to Rally site and the set up was no where as nice as the Coach House.

Back