• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Everyone who's going to the Vermont rally, raise your hands!

DLilah said:
STRESS and I are definitely in!!!!! And, we can attest to the very gracious host and hostess that Dan and Geri are after last year. They were nice to share their dinner with us in their RV after basically just meeting us. :eat I just love the Forum!!! Looking forward to seeing you guys this year!

This year Dan said it was Rounders only
:stick ;)

BradfordBenn said:
This year Dan said it was Rounders only
:stick ;)

That hurts! :doh Just because I haven't posted doesn't mean I'm not a Rounder.

Woodnsteel/RedHot - please defend us! You know we're Rounders! Remember the ride to Wisconsin in the pouring rain in upper 30 degree weather?

Admit it, Brad, you miss me! :wave

ctballos said:
This is my first BMW event and I will be riding my first BMW. I am registered, I haven't decided if I will camp out or stay in a motel but I have paid, bought a shirt and already have a smile on my face.

TomB

I agree - CAMP CAMP CAMP!!!!
7_2_200v.gif

DLilah said:
That hurts! :doh Just because I haven't posted doesn't mean I'm not a Rounder.

Woodnsteel/RedHot - please defend us! You know we're Rounders! Remember the ride to Wisconsin in the pouring rain in upper 30 degree weather?

Admit it, Brad, you miss me! :wave

YOU GUYS ARE DEFINITELY ROUNDERS!!!! That ride was SOOOO COLD AND WET!!!
28_2_3v.gif

Been Lurkin'

New forum posting after checking periodically, contribution questionable? I've been hanging out at Chromeheads for a while as Bobs98 (trying to get my log in changed here) and have seen a couple Cruisers and Grateful Threaders.

I will be attending my first rally of any kind and am looking forward to meeting many new friends. Camping with Sherpa Mayberry, looking for ERC(?) and lots of great riding. Love the entertainment lineup.

bobsmith7 said:
I will be attending my first rally of any kind

Think of it like a State Fair for BMW motorcycles, but you get to camp there!
Trust me, a National is nothing like anything that you have ever attended before! :thumb

Whats a Title?

Well now, after Rob's selection of Pictures of Hands Raised, I would wonder why any one would want to be included in such company, with a few exceptions of course.

Unfortunatly Serena & I will be Vending at this one. Stop by our Alaska Leather's Booth and mention this Blurb and you may get a surprise!

After closing we will probably be found near the Airheads, Poverty Riders or Pirates Enclave.

If you do nothing else at the National, HAVE FUN!!

Jim Post / Bones

Work stinks

Most of the time I make a national it is because I am between employers, or consulting.

Can't come. financial reporting is a busy department the month after a quarter ends. Especially at publicly traded Bank holding company that is closing on another bank right after reporting ends. Gonna be a sad summer for riding.

Rob Nye said:
Hey that Sherpa Mayberry is a great gig.

I saw his setup in Georgia and it looked very comfortable and well organized.

I really like the camping option because then the nocturnal festivities can be fully experienced. If you don't want to carry your own stuff it is a great deal. Plus his tents are on the large size for what I would carry on my bike, plus you get an air mattress.

I also have some pretty good info that the Sherpa camp will be in a nice spot at our rally. If he has not sold out yet he will so if you are lurking on this thread and have an interest you should book now.

Best,

I lurk when I can, been pretty busy lately and just saw this post. Thanks Rob!

I just closed the double tent reservation system this morning as I'm out of 7x9 tents. Was going to buy a bunch more from Coleman, but found out that their rain flies are too short this year, and didn't want to waste money on tents that won't hold up to say, 60 mph winds like we saw in Lima (and I don't like wet customers!).

Later this week, I'll open an option to use the 7x7 tent for two folks (smaller tent, double vs queen air mattress, but will still supply two sleeping bags, pillows, chairs, etc). Won't be much of a price break, I'll only drop the price $10 as I still have to do more work for the double occupancy.

I only have about 15 tents left, and on average, I'm close to getting one reservation a day for this event, so you can do the math....

Also, if you want to be on a waiting list for the full size double, go ahead and drop me a note at ted@sherpamayberry.com. I had a few cancel last year, so you might get lucky.

Back