• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Everyone who's going to the Vermont rally, raise your hands!

I am there.
64409963-M.jpg

RTRandy said:
I'm leaving Dallas around the 6th and will be there for two nights on my return home from Nova Scotia. Does anyone have an idea how us folks here on the forum can meet once we're there ? It sure would be fun to match the faces with the names.

We usually have a gathering at the beer garden on Friday. There will be a group of us volunteering at the garden Friday night 4-8pm. IIRC

Have had my first BMW <24hrs, but I'll be in VT

Just picked up my first BMW, 2006 R1200GS, at the dealer last night. Lovin' it (moved up from a 2005 V-strom 650, my "first" bike after a 20-year hiatus from riding). Signed up for VT early this past week, right after I'd put down my deposit on the GS.

Andrew

andrewbranca said:
Just picked up my first BMW, 2006 R1200GS, at the dealer last night. Lovin' it (moved up from a 2005 V-strom 650, my "first" bike after a 20-year hiatus from riding). Signed up for VT early this past week, right after I'd put down my deposit on the GS.

Andrew

Cool!

There will be lots of GSs at the rally to look at. You'll be able to see almost every conceivable accessory.

In, and hope to have an impromtu meeting of the Grateful Thread at the Beer Tent.

BradfordBenn said:
You bringing both scoots?
Probably only the RT. I'd love to bring the Uly, but it is a BMW rally! Besides, I'm thinking I'd like to have motolights installed at the rally.

dancogan said:
Probably only the RT. I'd love to bring the Uly, but it is a BMW rally! Besides, I'm thinking I'd like to have motolights installed at the rally.

If you want to come down here or invite me up there, I can help you with the moto lights. Or if you go to to Solstice at Loraz's. Since Manic Mechanic was nice enough to help me, I know how to do it now.

Bring the Uly just so people can see different things.... gets me thinking I might ride the VFR!!!

BradfordBenn said:
If you want to come down here or invite me up there, I can help you with the moto lights. Or if you go to to Solstice at Loraz's. Since Manic Mechanic was nice enough to help me, I know how to do it now.

Bring the Uly just so people can see different things.... gets me thinking I might ride the VFR!!!
Thank you! I would love to do it at the Solstice, because I remember watching at least part of your installation. I still haven't taken any of the Tupperware off the thing!

As much fun as the Uly is, the RT is more comfortable on a long day, especially because of the wind protection and relative quiet behind the windshield. That's why I'm favoring the RT for the RUT, if we do a nice ride on Saturday.

Vt 2006

brace yourselves, the breeze is returnning.....lol

Julie and I will be packing up our bikes and traveling to the rally with two whole weeks to explore the northeast.

Me, too...

I'll be there! The Lima rally (my first rally ever) convinced me that this should be an annual journey, wherever it is.

I just signed up. I'm a noob. I'm scared. :bolt

I'm riding my RT from Long Beach, CA to Boston, then ferrying to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia and approaching Vermont from the north. It's going to be one heck of a summer!

Back