• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Everyone who's going to the Vermont rally, raise your hands!

RedHot said:
Dan - you and Geri were so nice at the RUT - we should do you a favor and have a party at the RV :clap
Tina
Oh yeah. There's room, and we'll try to have plenty of ice and stuff in the cooler.

I may make it

This would be my first rally and I'm really interested. But, I'm trying to figure out how to have my wife come (on her own BMW) and still have child care for the kids.

We'll see....

Idaho Mapes Ready / RA National / Peaks Ride

A special edition has been created to celebrate the Peaks of America and RA Rally. Vermont Maps in preparation for the MOA Rally are at MileageSlaves.com and NOW fabulous maps of 12 great riding circuits around Boise courtesy of the RA and the Idaho STARS program. These maps will print "tank bag size" and can be found at www.MileageSlaves.com/roads.htm As well have you registered yet for the annual mileage "contest"? Turns out that of those who logged final miles we have a male and female who we will annoint as high milers. So if you registered and had over 30,000 miles let me know.

DancinDave said:
A special edition has been created to celebrate the Peaks of America and RA Rally. Vermont Maps in preparation for the MOA Rally are at MileageSlaves.com and NOW fabulous maps of 12 great riding circuits around Boise courtesy of the RA and the Idaho STARS program. These maps will print "tank bag size" and can be found at www.MileageSlaves.com/roads.htm As well have you registered yet for the annual mileage "contest"? Turns out that of those who logged final miles we have a male and female who we will annoint as high milers. So if you registered and had over 30,000 miles let me know.

Dave, are you refering to the BMWMOA mileage contest, or a MIleage Slaves contest?

JON
27 of 25

NorseMan9 said:
This would be my first rally and I'm really interested. But, I'm trying to figure out how to have my wife come (on her own BMW) and still have child care for the kids.

We'll see....

There are kid activities.
:)

New member, and this will be my very first rally and first long trip, I will do the in-tire peak tour, Boise, Colorado, then Vermont. I will hit all three rallies and I will get a pic of my BMW next to the statue of liberty in new york.

Longest trip so far one way has been 700 miles.

I will do tons of planning, and will take my time to enjoy this, at age 36 and to do this will be one of the top things in my life I have wanted to accomplish.

I will miss my family while on this trip, but they will be with me the in-tire way as I will have their picture on the dash.

By the time I get done with this trip, I should log in over 6000 miles on my 2002 BMW R 1150 RT.

Everyday I get closer and closer to the date of leaving its gonna be hard.

POA Tour!!! and all points in between

OK, this may be initial planning and there are no time/distance requirements to make each day, and I may get lost once in a while and make a 'left-turn' but here is a glimps of 4680 miles between my house and Essex Junction, VT.

68967749-M.jpg

Highlights, are Hell's Canyon, BMW RA Rally, Bryce Canyon, Zion NP, TOR Rally, Pikes Peak, Graceland, BRP, and Skyline DR. and then up to BMW MOA Rally.

NorseMan9 said:

We'll see....

Similar here... my wife doesn't ride and decided that going several hours from home to hang out and watch our toddler while I do my thing isn't a vacation :rolleyes (and I suppose it isn't).

I'm still going, haven't figured out where I'm staying and have no camping gear so it's getting interesting where I'm going to stay and for how many days. :dunno

- Ross

Split a room at the Hampton Inn?

rlonstein said:
I'm still going, haven't figured out where I'm staying and have no camping gear so it's getting interesting where I'm going to stay and for how many days. :dunno
- Ross

Anyone want to split a double at the Hampton Inn? I'm looking at $116/night with my AAA discount :D

- Ross

OH Yes, My First

Well I am looking forward to this event. Last year I did a different event up in Stowe and loved riding all over VT. Mountains, valleys, twisties, sweepers, big lakes antiques, shopping, history, beer, and cow ****. It's all there folks.

This is my first BMW event and I will be riding my first BMW. I am registered, I haven't decided if I will camp out or stay in a motel but I have paid, bought a shirt and already have a smile on my face.

TomB

I will be there with bells on. In fact, I may order a few additional bells from the Aerostich catalog just for the occasion. The plan is to do the Ramapo 500 in New York on the weekend prior to the rally, and then head over to Vermont from there.

ctballos said:
This is my first BMW event and I will be riding my first BMW. I am registered, I haven't decided if I will camp out or stay in a motel but I have paid, bought a shirt and already have a smile on my face.

TomB
CAMP,CAMP,CAMP! :thumb

Hey that Sherpa Mayberry is a great gig.

I saw his setup in Georgia and it looked very comfortable and well organized.

I really like the camping option because then the nocturnal festivities can be fully experienced. If you don't want to carry your own stuff it is a great deal. Plus his tents are on the large size for what I would carry on my bike, plus you get an air mattress.

I also have some pretty good info that the Sherpa camp will be in a nice spot at our rally. If he has not sold out yet he will so if you are lurking on this thread and have an interest you should book now.

Best,

To Vermont from Ontario

Diane and I will be in Vermont. We will be leaving Ontario, riding to Nova Scotia -the Cabot Trail, the CAT ferry to Maine and then to th Rally. Can't wait.
Mike McIntosh

dancogan said:
Oh yeah. There's room, and we'll try to have plenty of ice and stuff in the cooler.

STRESS and I are definitely in!!!!! And, we can attest to the very gracious host and hostess that Dan and Geri are after last year. They were nice to share their dinner with us in their RV after basically just meeting us. :eat I just love the Forum!!! Looking forward to seeing you guys this year!

Back