• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What plug/adapter fits this?

abrownie

IMG_3408.jpg

Hello,
I have a 2012 r1200gs. This appears to be an accessory plug but I don't know which adapter (BMW part #) fits it. It's located below the instrument cluster.
Thank you in advance!

Just a WAG, but that looks non-stock... is that a cap on the end? It looks like a typical 2-conductor SAE connector, available at any auto parts store.

If it has round male pins - I have the mating part.
PM me if interested.

These connectors were typically used on the police bikes for optional equipment.

Last edited:
Here's a picture of the "typical" SAE automotive connector (also available with more pins for trailer lighting, etc.); I got this one from the O'Reilly's Auto Parts website. My older Gerbings heated jacket liner uses the same connector - I'll bet that's what the previous owner had it for.
Trailer Wire Connector 47965 O'Reilly Auto.jpg

My apologies for the delay. Here's another photo. Also, it appears to be part of the connector in the second photo.IMG_3476.jpgIMG_3477.jpg

"Molex" is not a connector type, it's just a brand.

ABrownie - When you say "it appears to a part of the [other] connector", do you mean they "Y" out of the same harness section? If so, that may indicate a specific accessory.

Last edited:
DIN socket connector

Looks like it may be a connector for the optional BMW DIN or powerlet power socket.
Does it have 12volts at all times or only when ignition is on?

Last edited:
Back