• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2008 RT price

2slowwheels

I know asking for advice on price is a vague request at best givien the unknown. But anyway, is $5,500 too much for a 2008 RT, 24,000 miles maintained by an enthusiast not a dealer. Has the standard stuff, cruies, heated seat, tec. but not much for aftermarket stuff. Bike is pretty clean and feels sound. I'e had hexhead GS's. Like is said vague information but...

Well, Kelley Blue Book says a dealer might be selling that 2008 RT for $6875 here on the East Coast.

As for market value, MAX BMW has one listed at about $8500. A private seller in FL has one for sale for $5300 with 78K miles. Both are on "Cycle Trader."

I hope this is helpful.

I paid 6K for a 2007 last April with 37K on the clock which had had the warranty replaced final drive, drop pegs, bar risers, add-on 12v buss under the seat, rigid aux high beam lights, almost new tires, and good maintenance records. He threw in some spares but I found out he kept the service tool kit and filter wrench after I got it home. Kind of a dick move (he gave them to his son with the same year GS) as he said he was giving me everything he had for the bike and the service tool kit is really cool and compact ($248 from BMW). It came with all the BMW luggage including the tank bag (a little too big but very easy on/off) and all the soft inner bags which really work well and makes using the side cases much much easier. Does not have ESA, nor the stereo.

All in all, it was like getting an almost new bike fully loaded for $6K vs a new bike for $18K. Hard to complain about that really. Brakes were initially annoying but when I switched to back brake only when slow speed maneuvering and arriving at lights etc, its all good.

Last edited:
Well, Kelley Blue Book says a dealer might be selling that 2008 RT for $6875 here on the East Coast.

As for market value, MAX BMW has one listed at about $8500. A private seller in FL has one for sale for $5300 with 78K miles. Both are on "Cycle Trader."

I hope this is helpful.

This is helpful, I have a 90th Anniversary edition for sale, and was given advice by a dealership on where to price it. 87k miles, in good shape…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back