Thread: Gs mpg

Gs mpg

Thinking about looking at a 2017 GS. What kind of mpg you guys getting at 80mph? Thanks

solo with bags on, 36-38mpg.
    70mph ='s aprox 45MPG

I just finished a 4,600 mile trip out West on my GSA, fully laden for camping with panniers and a bag on the back seat.
    I got 46 mpg according to the onboard widget that calculates Fuel Mileage.
    I've never reset the second Fuel Mileage meter and it reads 45 which is over 68,000 miles.
    I'm sure i didn't run 80 mph the entire trip, but there were plenty of miles at 80 and possibly a bit more here and there.
    YMMV
    The only dumb question is the unasked question!

Team Pterodactyl - When we ride, we ride!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnsd View Post
    I just finished a 4,600 mile trip out West on my GSA, fully laden for camping with panniers and a bag on the back seat.
    I got 46 mpg according to the onboard widget that calculates Fuel Mileage.
    I've never reset the second Fuel Mileage meter and it reads 45 which is over 68,000 miles.
    I'm sure i didn't run 80 mph the entire trip, but there were plenty of miles at 80 and possibly a bit more here and there.
    YMMV
    Sounds like a fun trip. Do you find the mileage really goes off a cliff >70MPH? It seems to with me.
    I typically cruise around 70MPH so it doesn't really matter to me.

Side note stating the obvious- Aero matters. My RT get's 55-60MPG at 65-70MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by ashevillert View Post
    Sounds like a fun trip. Do you find the mileage really goes off a cliff >70MPH? It seems to with me.
    I typically cruise around 70MPH so it doesn't really matter to me.

Side note stating the obvious- Aero matters. My RT get's 55-60MPG at 65-70MPH.
    Not only do aerodynamics matter, so does gearing. GS final drive is shorter than an RT, so revs are higher for any speed/gear combination.
    2020 R1250 GSA Low