• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Will an 86 R65 seat, fit an 82 R65?

10drum

Greetings.

I realize the part numbers are different, but just curious how much difference there is in the frames/tanks, between and 86 and an 82?

Thanks for all replies.

I can imagine the simple difference of a twin shock versus monolever, the rear subframes are going to be different.

The '82 R65 (and R45) were a unique frame.

The late '80s/1990s R65 was a large frame same as R100s, just with the smaller engine.

The older R65 seats never fit anything else save for R80G/S and R80ST, and that could be doubtful.

So no.

The '82 R65 (and R45) were a unique frame.

The late '80s/1990s R65 was a large frame same as R100s, just with the smaller engine.

The older R65 seats never fit anything else save for R80G/S and R80ST, and that could be doubtful.

So no.

Thanks for the info. I think the the smaller frame is why I like the early R65s. Unfortunately the stock seat does not fit me the way id' like. I tried one of the "made in Vietnam" seats, while the quality and value was decent, it was like sitting on a concrete block. I think I'm going to see about having a custom seat made, because I really like the bike. Thanks again for the replies.

Back