• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone here from the OKC Metro area??

jarhead1775

Well the title of the thread kind of says it all: Anyone here from the OKC Metro area??

Looking to see if anyone might like to meet up and ride.

-Marc

There is a chartered club in your area: Central Oklahoma BMW Road Riders. I could not find any contact info for the club, but I didn’t try very hard. There is this:

Oklahoma BMW Campout
10/1/2021 to 10/3/2021
When: Friday, October 1, 2021
Where: Talihina State Park Talihina, Ok

Try looking in the Anonymous book. There may be people listed in your area that say they are interested in coffee and conversation.

Nope

I'm in Tulsa, and from my experience, there is little to no interest for club activity in Oklahoma.
I would not mind being wrong...

There is a chartered club in your area: Central Oklahoma BMW Road Riders. I could not find any contact info for the club, but I didn’t try very hard. There is this:

Oklahoma BMW Campout
10/1/2021 to 10/3/2021
When: Friday, October 1, 2021
Where: Talihina State Park Talihina, Ok

Try looking in the Anonymous book. There may be people listed in your area that say they are interested in coffee and conversation.

This club is now defunct, go to https://neobmw.wordpress.com/

that bunch that you talk about there is THE TULSA BUNCH..........In the day, there was the Tulsa Folks and the OKC bunch. I talked with the Oklahoma BMWMOA Rep guy at the Rally, and there CERTAINLY IS the COBMWRR club still in existence and ACTIVE!!! Do some foot work and get with them....I am a former prez of the Club for several years but now in Georgia or else I would help you. Good luck and FIND THEM..........Dennis

Hi Marc, Dennis got it right. The OKC club is alive and well. Our next club meeting is July 20th at Johnnie's Charcoal Broiler on NW Hwy in OKC. Come around 6:00 pm and eat dinner and meet the folks. We also gather every Saturday morning informally at Eurotec so come on down and make yourself at home. Look forward to making your acquaintance.

I'm a newish owner of a R 1250 RS and caught word that perhaps there is an electronic device that can perform the reset of the service light at the service intervals if you choose to perform your own maintenance. I gather that they are rather pricey, however ($500?). I'm curious if the local owners have considered contributing toward joint ownership of one of these devices perhaps? Has that been proven to not work out in the long run (lack of cooperation amongst owners, etc.)? I'm just curious because at $80 per reset of the service light it wouldn't take many people to chip in on one to start saving money in the long run.

caught word that perhaps there is an electronic device that can perform the reset of the service light at the service intervals if you choose to perform your own maintenance. I gather that they are rather pricey, however ($500?).

Sounds like you are referring to the GS-911. I bought mine used for $200. It had four of the ten total VINs used. Unless you buy the very pricey unlimited version you could only use it on a total of 10 different bikes for that price. The cheaper alternative is the Motoscan app and an OBDII scan tool. Here is a link to help but those prices may be a little dated.

https://www.k1600forum.com/threads/reset-service-light-on-unlimited-bikes-for-less-then-130.143058/

Back