• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

All cleaned up and ceramic coated

jerryleejr

First time I’ve ever had this done to a bike…

JJ

Attachments

• E811283E-F5C8-4CC6-BE5B-2A36670DA8E6.jpg
    E811283E-F5C8-4CC6-BE5B-2A36670DA8E6.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 401
  • F39068A0-D060-45C2-8724-3D8C13B24187.jpg
    F39068A0-D060-45C2-8724-3D8C13B24187.jpg
    573.8 KB · Views: 396
Sorry, but you'll have to explain what it is you've done. To me, ceramic coatings are strictly for exhaust manifolds. I take it that's not a factory color?

What are the advantages of ceramic coating over a quality paint sealer? I use Chemical Guys JetSeal on my cars as well as my bikes and sidecar. Makes them a lot easier to clean but the biggest plus is it lasts a year even with my car and truck parked outside in the sun, rain, snow and ice. Does ceramic last long than that?

Nice bike, btw

Pete

What are the advantages of ceramic coating over a quality paint sealer? I use Chemical Guys JetSeal on my cars as well as my bikes and sidecar. Makes them a lot easier to clean but the biggest plus is it lasts a year even with my car and truck parked outside in the sun, rain, snow and ice. Does ceramic last long than that?

Nice bike, btw

Pete

Thank you, as to your questions its supposed to last about 10yrs and its more to protect the paint from fading and against chemicals not so much against rocks etc....

JJ

Did you apply the ceramic coating to all the motorcycle parts? Meaning, the plastic trim, rubber parts, matt finish on the saddle bags, paint on the engine, etc..

Did you apply the ceramic coating to all the motorcycle parts? Meaning, the plastic trim, rubber parts, matt finish on the saddle bags, paint on the engine, etc..

I believe Mr Jerry has this bike up for sale or has already sold it.

Back