• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Assistance Finding Part Number

BC1100S

Left Coast Rider
On my '05 K1200S the factory generously supplied a flat repair kit which tucks neatly under the left rear fairing panel. It is secured there by a stretchy rubber band thingy. Surprisingly, after 15 years, mine has broken. I'll be darned if I can find the part number on any of the fiches I have looked at. And the dealer is having the same problem. Since I insist upon (and rightly so!) GENUINE BMW PARTS, can anyone here provide me the part number of that rubber band thingy?

Thanks in advance for burning up your valuable time on my behalf.

If looking for the retention device, would an o-ring work?
I know it’s not OEM, Just trying to be helpful …

If looking for the retention device, would an o-ring work?
I know it’s not OEM, Just trying to be helpful …

That's a great idea! I'll see if the auto parts store has one big enough. Its not OEM but I guess I can learn to live with it. :D

Thanks OldCamper! And thanks to those who looked but were also thwarted in their search!

What would BMW call it, in their "strange" naming schemes? Certainly not "thingy" but o-ring, restraint, rubber band, ??? If the name was known, it's easy to search for that in say RealOEM.

How about a Velcro strap? Places like Home Depot sell them; often used as cable ties or earthquake support. On the HD site, look up Leviton, they have a 15-foot by 1/2" black "soft-cinch" for $15. There's also a Velcro-brand 20-foot by 1.5" "industrial strength", and several others.

These have more uses than originally intended-

87010.jpg

https://www.kolpin.com/en-us/shop/a...rips/xl/rhino-grip-replacement-rubber-straps/

OM

You're right, Kurt, "rubber band thingy" would probably not be recognized as a part description but, being a BMW owner, I have a limited vocabulary. :laugh

Paul, a velcro strap is another great solution. I'll try that if I can't find a rubber band thingy (big o-ring) at the parts store. And thanks Omega Man for that suggestion. Any idea what the dimensions are?

Thanks again, all !

And thanks Omega Man for that suggestion. Any idea what the dimensions are?

Inside dim- about 2-3/4" and about 1" wide. Pretty stretchy...pretty durable. The "tab" is great for gripping.

OM

Back