• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

WTF is STILL going on at Aerostich?

jr31

Oh, whatever could be causing these motorcycle-gear-related supply-chain disruptions? Probably advisable to close this thread before it gets too topical.

Related, please ignore the empty shelves at your local retailer and also that McDonald's is offering $20 an hour to potential employees (that's "transitory" the experts assert...so we're cool).

Everything is fine. After all, "We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Sent: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 09:00
Subject: Aerostich Back Order Item Update

Thank you for your patience with the back ordered Corium Smart Leather Care 100 ml. The ETA for this item is 4-8 weeks .

As soon as the item is in stock, your order will ship. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thank you!

Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 07:13
Subject: RE: Aerostich Back Order Item Update

Can you please provide an update to the estimated timeframe for delivery here?

Thanks.

Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 08:46
Subject: Re: Aerostich Back Order Item Update

Thank you for your email concerning an update on when your item will arrive.

This item is coming to us from overseas and they just told us that it will be here mid/late September. Right now it is in a container waiting to be unloaded off the ship.

Thank you

Sounds pretty ops-normal at this point. I heard about a situation where a symphony/opera organization is California was hoping to open a new play in a few weeks but the set/props they had ordered from Europe was sitting on a container ship along with 30-40 other ships on the west coast. It's the snafu with global shipping. Sign of the times right now.

I live in huntingon beach and from my place I can see a fleet of ships waiting to be offloaded, right now LA/LB PORT SHOWS 40+ ships waiting

I live in huntingon beach and from my place I can see a fleet of ships waiting to be offloaded, right now LA/LB PORT SHOWS 40+ ships waiting

I can only imagine what that looks like. Merchant marine traffic has to be a huge morass at this point.

Sounds pretty ops-normal at this point. I heard about a situation where a symphony/opera organization is California was hoping to open a new play in a few weeks but the set/props they had ordered from Europe was sitting on a container ship along with 30-40 other ships on the west coast. It's the snafu with global shipping. Sign of the times right now.

Aerostich is good in my book, just afflicted.

Those 40+ ships represent 500.000 or so 60Ft containers. Imagine the goods in them..

The other issue is the lack of truckers and other qualified personnel that aid in offloading/ transporting all these goodies....

I’ve noticed routine delays in FedEx-delivered items. I think their system is still generating arrival dates that reflect non-hysteria. Those are now routinely blown, by days. Federal Express (for the older folks) used to be the way you got something somewhere on time. Now, not so much.

I ordered a ramp for a side-by-side last week. When I bought, it was to be delivered in 3 to 5 business days. And FedEx said today originally.

Now, next Thursday, and I can’t rely on that either.

My wife and I have probably received 3 or 4 packages in the last week from online ordering. Before covid, this would have been 3 or 4 a month. delivery is now a 7 day week event and the delivery companies can't keep up. I cringe when I know something is coming by USPS and keep my fingers crossed with FedEx. International shipping is a whole other element. Reluctance to venture into public situations along with the ease of online shopping has created a whole new world. Before this, it was the inconvenience of standing in line, rotary dial phones, writing checks and mailing every month. For perspective, I still remember waiting six weeks for my baking soda-powered sub from my cereal box coupons in the 1950's. All in all, current life is an improvement.

Doug

Before and during the beginning of the hysteria, we lived in the middle of a world-class city. We used Amazon like crazy. We got same day delivery on many items. Very urban.

134 orders in 2020 (mostly stopped in April)
216 orders in 2019
182 orders in 2018
194 orders in 2017

Now?

0 orders in 2021

Show me your politics, and I’ll stop showing you my wallet.

I make every attempt to buy retail now, in-person. I avoid all of the curbside nonsense, and I patronize only face-diaper-free establishments.

Online, I try to buy direct from the manufacturer. Rarely, I will use eBay to get things I cannot source locally.

At some level, I am glad that the hysteria has made things less convenient for us (to mention nothing of the fact that the hysterical reaction was a major reason we left California); I think I was far too accustomed to the no-human-interaction model. And I think that’s bad for people and culture.

Perhaps not surprisingly, I have a dim view of the USPS.

However, I note that the carriers here in Idaho are (like most Idahoans) extremely courteous and considerate. Profoundly noticeable.

In San Francisco, if they spoke English at all, it was only sufficient to communicating how unhelpful they were prepared to be.

Back