• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Shipping motorcycles USA to UK

motosai

Hello, I'm looking for recommendations on shipping companies to take my two BMWs (2016 RNine T and 1982 R100RS) to the UK from Florida. I will be relocating for the long term (at least 5 years) and my final destination is Greater London. I already started gathering quotes from Schumacher and CFR Rinkens and emailed Stefan Knopf (as mentioned frequently in the MOA magazine) to see if he is in operation right now.

If any MOA members have a preferred shipment company they like to deal with, I'd be interested to hear it. It would be preferred for me to ship out of Jacksonville, or Brunswick or Savanna, GA, but I could make the trek to Miami as well.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm looking for recommendations on shipping companies to take my two BMWs (2016 RNine T and 1982 R100RS) to the UK from Florida. I will be relocating for the long term (at least 5 years) and my final destination is Greater London. I already started gathering quotes from Schumacher and CFR Rinkens and emailed Stefan Knopf (as mentioned frequently in the MOA magazine) to see if he is in operation right now.

If any MOA members have a preferred shipment company they like to deal with, I'd be interested to hear it. It would be preferred for me to ship out of Jacksonville, or Brunswick or Savanna, GA, but I could make the trek to Miami as well.

I just left Stefan’s and he is certainly in operation. He might also be able to help you with importation details, although now with Brexit, things could be different.

He can ship from anywhere to anywhere, but it would probably be cheaper to get your bikes down to his pickup spot in Orlando, during BikeWeek….

And while in the UK, at every intersection, say to yourself “Look right, ride left.”

Have you considered storing your bikes and buying one there? You could probably do that for the price of getting two bikes shipped….

You may want to research any modifications that the UK may require for a machine long term in that country. Things like a headlight focused for driving on the left might be expensive. The speedos should be fine as they still use MPH.

Too bad you're not close to Canada, Air Canada and Westjet fly bikes across on their wide bodies.

Thanks for the followups. Re: riding on the left, I in fact learned to ride a motorcycle in Thailand while simultaneously learning to ride on the left, and the instincts for that come back right away!

The point about headlight alignment for riding on the left is well taken, I will check out the alignment on my current rides.

Since I am planning to stay for at least 5 years, (and maybe longer), storing the motorcycles in the USA is definitely not preferred.

So far the quote from CFR Rinkens looks the most promising, but I'll see what Stefan has to say. Thanks again MOA-ers.

The headlight issue is more than adjustment. The lens are different where ours throws a portion to the right theirs does it to the left. Ran into this taking an English auto to France had to put different lens adaptors on the car.

Back