• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Has anyone install a ZumoXT on a '21 RT?

This mount does not seem compatible with a 21-22 RT equipped with Satellite Radio?
0964f4d50c8aded3715bf44333860bda.jpg

f93eaf79144710be7867196d9a05b715.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is not. I had a conversation with the owner of the company. I’m still looking for a good way to mount on my 22

Connection advise please. 2022 RT with TFT and radio listening frequently to xm radio. I have a Sena 50s with the Garmin XT and IPhone 10. Can anyone with the same setup tell me the best configuration and procedure to connect all?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree 100% on BMW Tech

...and here is my take: I don't see how synchronizing any of the various types of Bluetooth brands, the phone app, the variety of phone OS, and the motorcycle software is gonna work consistently given all these gadgets are constantly being updated for functionality's sake.

I don't see how BMW is gonna work with all these different gadget manufacturers to standardize them such that they work with the BMW software.

My guess (emphasizing GUESS) is that one update at the BMW shop may lead to a short period of functionality time; until the myriad of gadgetry this system is dependent on will change their OS on an update, then goodbye to the old connectivity.

I was on the road this Summer and heard several Beemer mechs say: "the connectivity scheme is too complex".

I now have my Sena paired with ZumoXT, my phone...simple! ... an most importantly, I can avail myself of Waze on the phone--which cannot be done through the TFT construct. I don't have a laser detector, and though I am not a speeding monster, Waze helps me avoid that 10 mph over the limit chicken-excrement ticket one could accrue from a zealot 'blue-meanie' ... you 'll have to be a little older to get that last one.

I agree 100%. Despite any reason BMW might feel the need to create some sort of tech environment that's good for THEM, it's not working for their customers. The answer is adopting Android Auto and CarPlay (at least in the US). As far as satellite nav, I'd rather rig a unit to my handlebars or dash and live with the appendage.

I agree 100%. Despite any reason BMW might feel the need to create some sort of tech environment that's good for THEM, it's not working for their customers. The answer is adopting Android Auto and CarPlay (at least in the US). As far as satellite nav, I'd rather rig a unit to my handlebars or dash and live with the appendage.

Their solution, which should work just fine, is the Connected Ride cradle and app - Allow the app(s) to do the signal parsing and you can adapt as needed. And supporting the two main platforms of mobile isn't very hard.

Ok so I must be missing something here. Two weeks ago I did a 606 mile day trip on my bike. Plotted a route on basecamp then downloaded it my BMW connected app on my iPhone. Put my phone in the chest pocket of my riding gear. The app followed my route to the "T". Came right on to my TFT screen and told me where to go. This was on a R1250RS which has a smaller TFT then the RT. On the RT which I previously owned with the larger TFT it was even better. So why the need for the XT.

Ok so I must be missing something here. Two weeks ago I did a 606 mile day trip on my bike. Plotted a route on basecamp then downloaded it my BMW connected app on my iPhone. Put my phone in the chest pocket of my riding gear. The app followed my route to the "T". Came right on to my TFT screen and told me where to go. This was on a R1250RS which has a smaller TFT then the RT. On the RT which I previously owned with the larger TFT it was even better. So why the need for the XT.

I just did a three-day, ±600-mile round trip. I used the BMW Connect App, and I found it less than ideal. For me, the app is good for local trips, but I found it limiting on a longer trip. I do like the directions indicated on the TFT screen, when it worked. Every once in a while, the bike and phone do not connect properly and the GPS function of the Connect App does not work. Consequently, I just ordered a Zumo XT. I guess it's just a matter of preference.

I haven't been able to ride a long trip yet but I have noticed a few things I can't do on the fly with the app and the TFT screen. I'm unable to bring up locations like find a gas station or near by restaurant or am I just missing it?. I also miss not having weather radar as I did on my Nav V. I know I can stop get the phone out and see all of this but I'll like to have it on the fly. And like others have said it doesn't always connect so you need to mess with it, not good if you are riding with others...

I gave it up Crusincruzan. I now have updated the crapola-TFT with and a real Nav sys. without the approval of BMW. I didnt even have to use their computer at the shop...

here is where you can get the bracket to mount any Garmin

https://fmsaccessories.com/bmw-navigator-mount-2021-tft

I bought the FMS bracket to mount my Nav6. I won’t get into why I want to use my nav instead of the BMW app. While I was with Boxflyer doing my 12k and we had the fake speaker covers [I ordered my bike radio delete] off I looked for the plug that I’ve read is located in the dashboard. I couldn’t find it on either side. And the BMW cradle I bought has 2 wires with plugs on it. So I’m guessing I should be looking for 2 plugs back there.
Can someone give me a better idea of where I should be looking? Does the TFT screen need to be removed to find he plugs and if so how do I remove that. I’ve looked on u-tube and can’t find any video of installing the FMS bracket and wiring the nav to the bike. I made an appointment at my dealer weeks ago to have them install and wire the nav . Then I read that there is a plug back there. I am sure I can handle installing the bracket myself but if I can locate the plugs then I can save the $125 per hour labor rate. And get the satisfaction of doing it myself

I bought the FMS bracket to mount my Nav6. I won’t get into why I want to use my nav instead of the BMW app. While I was with Boxflyer doing my 12k and we had the fake speaker covers [I ordered my bike radio delete] off I looked for the plug that I’ve read is located in the dashboard. I couldn’t find it on either side. And the BMW cradle I bought has 2 wires with plugs on it. So I’m guessing I should be looking for 2 plugs back there.
Can someone give me a better idea of where I should be looking? Does the TFT screen need to be removed to find he plugs and if so how do I remove that. I’ve looked on u-tube and can’t find any video of installing the FMS bracket and wiring the nav to the bike. I made an appointment at my dealer weeks ago to have them install and wire the nav . Then I read that there is a plug back there. I am sure I can handle installing the bracket myself but if I can locate the plugs then I can save the $125 per hour labor rate. And get the satisfaction of doing it myself
I never did find the GPS accessory plug myself so I kept the appointment at the dealer. The service tech couldn't find it either until he got into his service manual . It was located by the frame just in front of the fuel tank. It powers up the GPS when the ignition is switched on. But there are no controls from the wonder wheel

I never did find the GPS accessory plug myself so I kept the appointment at the dealer. The service tech couldn't find it either until he got into his service manual . It was located by the frame just in front of the fuel tank. It powers up the GPS when the ignition is switched on. But there are no controls from the wonder wheel

Thank you for your post. I just sent it to my dealer. When you installed the FMS mount, did you also install the RFI screen they now have available?

Back