• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2021 R1250RT maint. reset

The 2014+ R1200RT bikes technically have a TFT display... between the 2 analog gauges for speed and rpm.

The 2021 has a very large TFT only display that is completely different than the prior versions.

I was referring to the six inch TFT on the R1250RS, R1250R and the R1250GS.
It was pointed out earlier the GS911 will clear the service reminder on these bikes.

This is the small TFT I'm talking about.

RS
RS TFT.jpg

R
R TFT.jpg

GS
2019-BMW-R-1250-GS-Adventure-523371.jpg

I was referring to the six inch TFT on the R1250RS, R1250R and the R1250GS.
It was pointed out earlier the GS911 will clear the service reminder on these bikes.

This is the small TFT I'm talking about.

Ah gotcha. Software Engineers are always changing something...

Maint reset followup

Motoscan ver. 1.80 is now available. My email contact for tech support at WGSoft.de did commit to fixing the communications problem (see original post) with the 2021 R1250RT w/ TFT display this calendar year. They have done exactly that with ver. 1.80 and the maint interval can be set. Thanks to WGSoft.

If its like the initial service notification which, on the TFT display, is HUGE and ANNOYING.
Thanks
THIS! Just one more reason to despise the TFT. My new 2022 1250gs just had the first service pop up on the TFT screen. WTF?? A huge warning that blots out the entire screen? If I'd have know about this garbage I never would have bought the bike. My last (new) BMW that's for certain. The Germans have lost their minds.

Actually I'm kinda surprised they aren't selling maintenance contracts like they do on their cars. The whole idea is to make everything as proprietary as possible so that you can't do anything yourself and you have to buy their proprietary parts. I mean who would go so far as to have their own specially designed logo'd screws? Only BMW!

Back