Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What's up with the scooter Forum?

We have them here in Taiwan

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    It is really too bad that American Honda chose not to bring the *real* ADV scooter into our country... the X-ADV 750.

I see them all over Europe and they absolutely haul ass.

Ian

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

We have them here but they are expensive and not very popular. Most people here need/want a scooter to commute daily and need under seat storage and an area in floorboard by there feet. It's just not as functional as a traditional scooter. I agree they are fast and probably a lot of fun.

The Kymco AK550 is popular here and beginning to make strides in the US but they are expensive also. Not much difference in a scooter price and a motorcycle price now.
    MOA#22600 Gold 1978 R100rs, White 2013 Suzuki 650 Burgman, 2012-125cc Kymco , 2013-180cc Kymco Racing King
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Quote Originally Posted by 22600 View Post
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

It's just not as functional as a traditional scooter. I agree they are fast and probably a lot of fun.
    Yeah, I couldn't see one of these for urban traffic... expressways, maybe, but two wheels in rush-hour traffic is never fun.

The place I've seen these ADV scooters the most are in the Alps... and the riders were hauling ass!

Late reply

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Yeah, I couldn't see one of these for urban traffic... expressways, maybe, but two wheels in rush-hour traffic is never fun.

The place I've seen these ADV scooters the most are in the Alps... and the riders were hauling ass!
    Been there done that and can honestly say all riders in the Alps haul ass.
    MOA#22600 Gold 1978 R100rs, White 2013 Suzuki 650 Burgman, 2012-125cc Kymco , 2013-180cc Kymco Racing King
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.