• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2022 R1250 RT Availability

Just read NY has ships stacked due to no help at the docks.

Seems like as the production gets going the shipping is holding them up.

That's been a problem all year.
One member here mentioned his ship set off shore for one month and I have a friend who had his ship sit off shore for 2 months.
When I looked last week NY did not look as bad as LA.
If you want to see a huge traffic jam look at the English Channel on the Marine Traffic site. https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-27.1/centery:50.3/zoom:4

Post number 4 and 21 have been helpful to me for tracking our bikes.
Right now I can't see the location of the ship because it's too far from land.
I could have paid a fee to track the ship by satellite but decided to wait for it to get closer to NY where land based tracking will spot it.
The satellite tracking is free for one week but you need to remember to cancel before the week is up and you get charged.
When the ship left the English Channel it showed a ETA for NY tomorrow the 26th.

There are a lot of different cool vessel tracking apps. I found some better than others when the vessel got far from land in terms of how many hours or days they lagged with non-real time satellite updates. Some have free trials like Lee mentioned. There was one app where it cost only $0.99 for one day of real time updates rather than lagging by hours or days. The one free app that I liked best was "VesseLink" in the apple app store. It was really interesting to monitor the speed, location, and even the vessel's draught.

There was one app where it cost only $0.99 for one day of real time updates rather than lagging by hours or days. .

We're going to be gone for a few days so I put the Marine Traffic app on my tablet and noticed they had the $0.99 one day satellite tracking. I signed up for that to see if the ship really was close enough to make NY tonight and it looks like it will make it.
After that I should be able to use the regular site to see if it actually docks. When it was in Germany I could tell when the ship docked.

Sounds like the AIS tracking will reach out 60 miles so if it doesn't dock I should see it anchored off shore.
It's nice the tracking sites tell you if the ship is moving and how fast.

We're going to be gone for a few days so I put the Marine Traffic app on my tablet and noticed they had the $0.99 one day satellite tracking. I signed up for that to see if the ship really was close enough to make NY tonight and it looks like it will make it.
After that I should be able to use the regular site to see if it actually docks. When it was in Germany I could tell when the ship docked.

Sounds like the AIS tracking will reach out 60 miles so if it doesn't dock I should see it anchored off shore.
It's nice the tracking sites tell you if the ship is moving and how fast.

My ship arrived last night and went straight to the dock.
The original ETA was Saturday night so it was only two days late.
I noticed the last two days it was only going 10 knots or less.

They're getting close to final count down. :dance

Some Considerations

FWIW, I would not buy a 2021 or 2022 MY of the R 1250 RT, or you may end up kicking yourself when BMW finally decides to add on the rest of the Bosch ARAS they should have added from the start: blind spot warning lights and rear collision warning. It's my view that anyone who bought the models with only the ACC portion will be a bit pissed when these other features are added. Why BMW couldn't manage putting on all three when Ducati was able to add it to the Multistrada is beyond me. It's a recipe for alienating customers who bought a new model a year or two before they got around to having a fully functional equivalent of the Bosch ARAS.

Our container was unloaded from the ship yesterday.

The container was unloaded from the ship middle of last week and now the container tracking shows "Full import container out gated" "BBT LOGISTICS INC"
BBT is a trucking company.

Isn't that the trucking outfit Wrong Way Harry works for? :) The anticipation is mounting!

This is what I see today 04-Oct-2021 15:49 Empty container returned BBT LOGISTICS INC

From the beginning, Easton, Pa has shown as the final destination.
I'm guessing the container was emptied out at the Easton Pa. warehouse yesterday.

I'm surprised there has not been any delays so far.

I can now see the DHL tracking.
Engles in Kansas City may get the bikes next Tuesday, the 12th.

We plan to head to Arkansas on Tuesday so we'll do the trade after the trip.

I can now see the DHL tracking.
Engles in Kansas City may get the bikes next Tuesday, the 12th.

We plan to head to Arkansas on Tuesday so we'll do the trade after the trip.

No problem Lee. Motodan and I will pick it up for you. :brow

E.

I hope you won’t be riding so fast you’re going to miss the “new bike smell”. :groovy
OM

Back