• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2022 R1250 RT Availability

I posted this back in 2016. Another member who worked at a BMW dealership added some edits as well.

Ordering a BMW car and motorcycle essentially works the same way:

1. Dealer receives production allocation for a certain model. The number of allocations is based, in part, on previous sales at that dealership.

2. Dealer places order for their inventory or for a specific customer using the BMW computer ordering system (I believe it's called DealerSpeed). There is a priority "field" on the Vehicle Inquiry Status order form that indicates the status. Highest priority is "1-Customer Sold." This tells BMW there's a customer waiting for the bike/car. Other priority numbers, such as "3-Priority Stock" indicates it's for the dealer's inventory.

3. After placing the order, the bike or car is assigned a unique Production Number and production week. When I ordered my 2014 RT on February 5, it was scheduled to be built that last week of February. And the dealer provided me with a printout to show the bike was built as scheduled on February 28.

4. About a week after it was built, the bike's status changed to "In Transit To Warehouse." The dealer's computer then indicated the exact container ship that would carry the cargo to New Jersey. You can track the ship's progress (Google Marine Traffic).

5. My 2014 RT arrived in New Jersey in mid-April and was delivered to me on April 24.

6. Total time from build date to delivery about 8 weeks.

After the shock recall, I chose Option 4 and sold my 2014 back to BMW, and ordered a 2015 RT on July 8 (he had just received 2 allocations).

I watched as my salesperson input my order and immediately received a unique Production Number. My 2015 RT order indicated status code 111, which means the ordered was accepted by BMW. Changes are allowed until the bike goes into status code 150 (in production). Ordering a BMW auto works the same way.

My 2015 RT is due in New Jersey port on Sep 20. Once is clears customs, it will be released for truck shipping and should arrive at my dealer in about 10 days.

When I ordered my 2014, my dealer showed me how to track the truck on the DHL website:

https://dhli.dhl.com/dhli-client/publicTracking?7

In the "Search By" drop-down menu, select "Customer Ref Number"

Then input your VIN. It's case sensitive, so use capital letters.

You should be able to track the shipment, assuming that it's coming via DHL.

I've been tracking my 2022 R1250RT. This all worked for me, including the DHL tracking except using the full VIN didn't work. I had to use only the last 7 digits of the VIN.

Also, once it arrived at the NYC port, it took about 5 days to clear customs, then another 2 days for the truck to pick it up and bring it to the Easton, PA BMW distribution center. Then it took 2 days before they shipped it by DHL to my local dealer.

I've been tracking my 2022 R1250RT. This all worked for me, including the DHL tracking except using the full VIN didn't work. I had to use only the last 7 digits of the VIN.

Also, once it arrived at the NYC port, it took about 5 days to clear customs, then another 2 days for the truck to pick it up and bring it to the Easton, PA BMW distribution center. Then it took 2 days before they shipped it by DHL to my local dealer.

The tracking has worked for me so far. The ship is almost out of the English Channel.
The ship shows a estimated arrival date at NYC Sep 26 and the truck arriving at Easton the 30th.
This is the container company I used for tracking https://www.hamburgsud-line.com/liner/en/liner_services/index.html

At this time I can not see anything on the DHL site.

Does anyone have an educated guess as to when we or the press will see the triple black RT in person. I want one and look at the pictures available to us acouple times a week. It appears to me it might have a matt finish.

Does anyone have an educated guess as to when we or the press will see the triple black RT in person. I want one and look at the pictures available to us acouple times a week. It appears to me it might have a matt finish.

Post number 21 said he has received his 2022 RT.
Triple Black seems to be a popular color on other bikes so I'm guessing quite a few of the early 2022 RTs will be Triple Black.

The tracking has worked for me so far. The ship is almost out of the English Channel.
The ship shows a estimated arrival date at NYC Sep 26 and the truck arriving at Easton the 30th.
This is the container company I used for tracking https://www.hamburgsud-line.com/liner/en/liner_services/index.html

At this time I can not see anything on the DHL site.

- The estimated truck date for the bike arriving in Easton was way off for me, just a couple of weeks ago. In fact, after the tracking showed the bike was discharged from the vessel, the estimated trucking date was no longer in the tracking. After the bike was discharged (unloaded), it took 5 days to clear customs. Then 2 days later the truck showed back up in the tracking system. It arrived the same day in Easton that the truck picked it up.

- It then took about 2 days before the partial VIN showed up in DHL. For myself, DHL actually then actually sub-contracted out the delivery to the dealer by a local trucking company.

Where are you located?

I'm in MA, but I ordered from MAX BMW in NH. They were the only ones that had allocation. My local BMW didn't and still doesn't have any allocations.

The allocations had deposits on by customers the first week the dealer got them, and I got the last one that week, The dealer entered my customization quickly before the allocation changed to "in production". The next week, the status changed over.

Hence, any bikes that are coming in, seem to be already sold. I don't think you are going to see any sitting around in the show room shortly.

I chose the blue, low seat, and tubular handlebars. I figure the tubular bars will make it easy to use my ram mount, and much simpler to lift the handlebars up and forward with a simple riser, if I ever want to.

- The estimated truck date for the bike arriving in Easton was way off for me, just a couple of weeks ago. In fact, after the tracking showed the bike was discharged from the vessel, the estimated trucking date was no longer in the tracking. After the bike was discharged (unloaded), it took 5 days to clear customs. Then 2 days later the truck showed back up in the tracking system. It arrived the same day in Easton that the truck picked it up.

- It then took about 2 days before the partial VIN showed up in DHL. For myself, DHL actually then actually sub-contracted out the delivery to the dealer by a local trucking company.

Thanks for the info. I figured tracking might be iffy once the container is unloaded.
Good to know there may be dead spell before the bikes show up on the DHL site.

I'm in MA, but I ordered from MAX BMW in NH. They were the only ones that had allocation. My local BMW didn't and still doesn't have any allocations.

The allocations had deposits on by customers the first week the dealer got them, and I got the last one that week, The dealer entered my customization quickly before the allocation changed to "in production". The next week, the status changed over.

Hence, any bikes that are coming in, seem to be already sold. I don't think you are going to see any sitting around in the show room shortly.

I chose the blue, low seat, and tubular handlebars. I figure the tubular bars will make it easy to use my ram mount, and much simpler to lift the handlebars up and forward with a simple riser, if I ever want to.

I happened to call my dealer the day he got a allocation for a RS. He only got a allocation for one RS. He contacted his Rep and a few days latter was able to order a 2nd RS for us.
Looking at the VIN numbers our bikes were made one day apart.
I'm glade I called when I did to get the bikes through production before the ESA shortage on R1250RS and R1250R bikes.

I wish the RS had the order option of tubular bars because I like the look better than cast bars.
The only items I could order outside of the premium package was the Sport seat and luggage rack.
I was not interested in the 719 stuff. I would have ordered the 719 reservoir covers but I could not order those separately like you can on the RT.

Post number 21 said he has received his 2022 RT.
Triple Black seems to be a popular color on other bikes so I'm guessing quite a few of the early 2022 RTs will be Triple Black.

Yup, MAX BMW in North Hampton, MA., as of this evening, has one triple black 2022 R1250RT in the show room.

I ordered a blue one from Max on the 16th. Its status on that day was 150 (in production). No hints about when it will arrive though....

-jono

I ordered a blue one from Max on the 16th. Its status on that day was 150 (in production). No hints about when it will arrive though....

-jono

Post number 4 and 21 have been helpful to me for tracking our bikes.
Right now I can't see the location of the ship because it's too far from land.
I could have paid a fee to track the ship by satellite but decided to wait for it to get closer to NY where land based tracking will spot it.
The satellite tracking is free for one week but you need to remember to cancel before the week is up and you get charged.
When the ship left the English Channel it showed a ETA for NY tomorrow the 26th.

Post number 4 and 21 have been helpful to me for tracking our bikes.
Right now I can't see the location of the ship because it's too far from land.
I could have paid a fee to track the ship by satellite but decided to wait for it to get closer to NY where land based tracking will spot it.
The satellite tracking is free for one week but you need to remember to cancel before the week is up and you get charged.
When the ship left the English Channel it showed a ETA for NY tomorrow the 26th.

And thankfully they aren't still building U-boats or your ETA's would be meaningless. :bolt

Last edited:
Just read NY has ships stacked due to no help at the docks.

Seems like as the production gets going the shipping is holding them up.

Back