• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nealey Tire Repair Kit

https://www.nealeytirerepairkit.com/ Heads up and a warning, this place has apparently gone out of business but the website is still up and taking orders. I purchased the tire repair kit exactly 2 months ago, heard nothing back, unable to contact by phone and email returned as undeliverable. Filed a Paypal claim and Paypal just refunded my money as they were unable to contact Nealey either. I don't know what's going on but last week the website was gone and the domain name was available. Now it's back up. I know some of you guys liked these tubeless kits. I got an old kit from an Arctic Cat vendor on Ebay so i got one anyway.

That’s disappointing to hear. I ordered three kits from them early this summer and had no issues at all, same as my previous orders. It’s a small family-run business in an area that is experiencing a big covid surge; I hope the issues aren’t due to illness.

Best,
DeVern

I got the same tire repair kit i had originally ordered except it was a Nealey kit made for Arctic Cat, which i found on Ebay. Same size rope plugs in the little plastic tube. More suited to a motorcycle than the generic plug kits where you have to ream the hole larger. What!!?? I sure don't want to make the hole in my bike tire larger. I carry a little 12V inflator i can plug into a direct wired Powerlet outlet with a cigarette plug adaptor. Just hope i never have to use it. Either they went out of business or they have the worlds worst customer service. Paypal didn't go into detail, just refunded my money.

I got the same tire repair kit i had originally ordered except it was a Nealey kit made for Arctic Cat, which i found on Ebay. Same size rope plugs in the little plastic tube. More suited to a motorcycle than the generic plug kits where you have to ream the hole larger. What!!?? I sure don't want to make the hole in my bike tire larger. I carry a little 12V inflator i can plug into a direct wired Powerlet outlet with a cigarette plug adaptor. Just hope i never have to use it. Either they went out of business or they have the worlds worst customer service. Paypal didn't go into detail, just refunded my money.

The hole needs to be the appropriate size for the plug. Without reaming, the plug will frequently be difficult to install. Going through a tire with steel chord will almost always require reaming to align the steel so it doesn’t rip the plug.
I suggest that anyone who may intend to plug a tire, no matter what size or vehicle, practice on an old tire. By practicing one will have an idea what to expect in doing a plug repair.
OM

https://www.nealeytirerepairkit.com/ Heads up and a warning, this place has apparently gone out of business but the website is still up and taking orders....

I had a similar experience, but my kit did arrive last week. I ordered off the website, and waited for about 10 days without receiving my kit. And so I emailed their support to ask the status of the order. I never heard back, but a few days later, the kit arrived in the mail.

Cap

I just met Matt in June before heading out to the MOA Rally in Great Falls. I discovered he literally lives 5 minutes from me here in the West Des Moines, IA area. He gifted me a couple extra kits for interested motorcyclists when I had the chance to talk about the product. Nice guy.

Covid-19 is not a big deal around this region as was mentioned earlier. It's present but life is fairly routine at this point.

Let me know if I can help in some way.

I ordered a Nealy kit prior to the GF rally and although it took a while I eventually received it just in time before I left.. I hope all is well with the family and the company.

So maybe they are still open but running their business badly, and i mean very badly. As for reaming the hole out i am not going to use a reamer for a car tire and make the hole a lot bigger than it needs to be. I read some tips on the forum here for tire repair and i got a long wood screw and pliers to ream out the hole to the size of the smaller Nealey kit The neat thing about the Nealey kit is the tire rope plugs are not as big as the generic kits for car tires. I don't have a car tire. The smaller the hole the better the plug/patch will be if you choose not to replace the tire. I would definitely not do that on my 160MPH+ BMW, but on one of my HD's that probably won't ever top 100MPH i had the almost new(100 miles) rear tire patched and it works well. The hole was smaller and close to the center of the tread. I find it hard to throw away a $200 tire.

I know a fleet mechanic that fixes a lot of tires. He uses a cordless drill and appropriate drill-bit……to keep from using a reamer :brad
OM

Here is a trailer tire I couldn’t (didn’t want to try) fix today-
I have repaired/fixed/patched a lot of tires…both tube and tubeless. Never seen this before. 51457D38-510D-429A-B03A-6DC3E5C1DC70.jpg
Bad idea to run inadequate tire pressure.
OM

Back