• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Want to make my 2002 R1100S louder

Welcome to the forum! Is your bike model an R1100S? I can update the title of the thread as needed.

every one is different.

I bought a used 2000 R1100S with aftermarket exhaust pipes and wanted to hear the note from my R75 from the 70's not something non BMW. Found used stock pipes on the web and my bike sounds like a BMW now. YMMV. I would be happy to ship you these after market ones but shipping prices are nuts. Good luck.

Remove the catalytic converter and replace it with a Danmoto link pipe. A slight increase in sound that won't piss anyone off, a HUGE increase in power (kidding).

Remove the catalytic converter and replace it with a Danmoto link pipe. A slight increase in sound that won't piss anyone off, a HUGE increase in power (kidding).

Good advice! I had a stainless steel Y-pipe on my 1150 GS in conjunction with a Staintune canister (which is no longer available). Really nice sound, not offensive at all, and significantly lowered the temperature of air coming up from beneath the bike. This mod is said to lower the temps in your transmission, too.

The PO gave me a choice when I picked up the 2004 R1150R : Leave on the after-market can he preferred or reinstall the stock unit. I chose going back to the original - sure glad I did. The valve train has a particular sound that I recognized as similar to my son's BMW two seat convertible; it's music to my ears. Wouldn't want to upstage that assembly with a blast from the exhaust.

The PO gave me a choice when I picked up the 2004 R1150R : Leave on the after-market can he preferred or reinstall the stock unit. I chose going back to the original - sure glad I did.

The R1150R has a significantly different exhaust system to the R1100S.

Back