• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Back After 17 years.

boatfixx

Finally backing in the MOA, and in the saddle again after quite a long time.
Feels good!
On another r1150GS "El Mulo"

Wilkommen BoatFixxr! Were U in the Navy or a Coastie, or a Cabela's bass boat repairman?

Well you're here now, with us, and you're indeed riding an olde BMW GS! Go with the Vibe - have some fun out in the back woods (wherever U happen to live). Be safe tho, cause we don't heal the way we once did! :gerg Professional Training is also a useful recommendation and possible option!!!

Hope you're gonna show up with a full kit next June for the Super BIG MOA Anniversary Rally in MO. Let's see: 2022 - 50 = 1972! :groovy Might be a good reason to celebrate!

Be safe & be seen - maybe add some Hi-Viz LEDs {just so the cagers can spot U coming!). Read your Owners' News for ideas... :help

Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

USAF-Ret'd -&- USN-Ret'd

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - - -'16 R1200RS

Thank you,
I'm 67 yrs young, been a marine technician, and diesel mechanic 48 yrs, and business owner 38 yrs.
Been riding since 14, with a hiatus the past few years except for a TW200 locally.
Here's my first GS a 2000 I bought new and had many a great trip! Picture 002.jpg

IMG_4151-X4.jpg
Here's my new to me 2nd GS, and 02' picking up a 24" 4-blade propeller because on the motorcycle I get on, and off the ferry 1st.
Otherwise in the cage, I have to sit in a long ferry line to get back to the Olympic Peninsula.
For the smaller boat parts, the GS is my parts chaser to and from the I-5 Corridor here in Washington.

Well Done, BoatFixxr!

You fit in perfectly with the many Ferry commuters out there in WA! Sorta like the m/c commuters in every country but the US... Bikers filter forward, and get goin "tout de suite" at every traffic light... Hope you'll soon be focusing on your X-country touring instead of your parts delivery services across the sound. At least the boss gets to choose when he wants to go for a Long Ride, like to Missouri perhaps next June! Enjoy all the sojourns you can manage...

After the Pine Mountain Getaway, we'll be visiting New England as part of our 2021 Iron Butt National Parks Gold Medal challenge: https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/npt/
It's fun to have a partner who's as keen to ride as yourself. We were up in your neighborhood after the MT MOA Rally; stopped at Mt Rainier for a Stamp and an expensive lunch. We then left our Bikes at JBLM and flew to Anchorage to check AK off our to do list... We're also riding in the 2021 MOA CoddiWomple Quest thru Oct... ;)

Sláinte! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen :drink

Our MotoQuest GS's parked in the woods on our stay at Moose Pass. Everywhere was booked in Seward!
Bikes-Moose-Pass-view.jpeg

Mrs-HSV on her new-2-her RS as we rode toward Mount Rainier.
Mt-Rainier-K.jpeg

Back