Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Repair DVD availability

Quote Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
    Perhaps in large part because their is no organized voice on behalf of owners.
    Why yes. MOA has better things to do.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S

Unavailable for comment

I have a dumb question about all this: How does this effect those who race motorcycles? I don't know much about racing but just saw a picture pop up here of a race and this question came to me. Will the BMW dealer show up to the track with their authorized technicians and act as a pit crew since the traditional crew isn't allowed to touch "their" motorcycles? Could this be the end of car and motorcycle racing, at least with newer vehicles? I know that they do have an "official" race team but there are races every weekend with many teams all over the world. The brands doing this are bowing out of motor sports? Our society and technology are changing much faster and in a direction not to my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by lkchris View Post
    Why yes. MOA has better things to do.
    Some of us do not agree with this statement.
    The only dumb question is the unasked question!

Team Pterodactyl - When we ride, we ride!

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Iím curious how many with this concern have reached out to BMW, either the US office or the German office, with a hand written letter/note of their concerns on this subject?

Social media postings have little effect and really donít reach anyone that may effect a policy change.

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose". MI5
    Moderator Team.
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Well, they don’t really seem to be interested in any contact via mail—only voice and email options are listed on the BMW Motorrad Contact Page:

Since the first one rolled out back in 1923 we have been building motorcycles for real riders. You, with your love of the ride and high standards for performance, have driven us to keep innovating, keep refining, keep improving. So if you have something to say, good or bad, we want to hear it.

Call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-831-1117 and follow the automated voice prompts. There is a live representative between the hours of 9:00AM - 9:00PM EST Monday-Thursday, and 9:00AM - 6:00PM EST Fridays. If someone's not there to take your call, you can wait and the automated voice will prompt you to leave a message.

You may also reach our Customer Service Department by sending email to CustomerService@bmwmotorcycles.com.

We will get back to you as soon as possible
    .”

Best,
    DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST ó 1984 R80 G/S-PD ó 2010 K1300GT ó 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Unavailable for comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Social media postings have little effect and really donít reach anyone that may effect a policy change.

OM
    In 2019 social media posting caused BMW to reverse its controversial decision to start charging an annual fee for using Apple Carplay.

My objective in posting on this forum is to express my continuing view that when it comes to policy and practice decisions by BMW that negatively impact BMW motorcycle owners the MOA should be putting aside its obligations to support BMW public relations and put the interests of its members first by acting as our collective voice.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
    In 2019 social media posting caused BMW to reverse its controversial decision to start charging an annual fee for using Apple Carplay.
    That was for vehicles as I recall. Iíll bet itís a larger segment of sales therefore a larger audience with more influence.

My objective in posting on this forum is to express my continuing view that when it comes to policy and practice decisions by BMW that negatively impact BMW motorcycle owners the MOA should be putting aside its obligations to support BMW public relations and put the interests of its members first by acting as our collective voice.
    If BMW doesnít frequent this social media platform, itís just noise.

Someone is going to bootleg a copy and put it on the internet and things will return to somewhat normal. Iím not much for pirated copies but if there is a demand, it will happen.

The only thing that might lag is a Haynes manual to help interpret the BMW information.

OM
    Moderator Team.
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    Well, they donít really seem to be interested in any contact via mailóonly voice and email options are listed on the BMW Motorrad Contact Page:

ďSince the first one rolled out back in 1923 we have been building motorcycles for real riders. You, with your love of the ride and high standards for performance, have driven us to keep innovating, keep refining, keep improving. So if you have something to say, good or bad, we want to hear it.

Call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-831-1117 and follow the automated voice prompts. There is a live representative between the hours of 9:00AM - 9:00PM EST Monday-Thursday, and 9:00AM - 6:00PM EST Fridays. If someone's not there to take your call, you can wait and the automated voice will prompt you to leave a message.

You may also reach our Customer Service Department by sending email to CustomerService@bmwmotorcycles.com.

We will get back to you as soon as possible

Best,
    DeVern
    BMW of North America, LLC

Address: 300 Chestnut Ridge Rd, Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677

BMW Headquarters

Address: BMW Headquarters, Petuelring 130, 80809 MŁnchen, Germany

No idea on the postage deal to Germany.

OM

Hand Written Notes
    Moderator Team.
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

My understanding has been that the pullback of service information was global, not just the US or North America. I donít expect that input given to BMWNA would get upchanneled to the mothership, nor that it would have a lot of impact with the mothership given the relatively small size of the North American market.

Best,
    DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST ó 1984 R80 G/S-PD ó 2010 K1300GT ó 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    My understanding has been that the pullback of service information was global, not just the US or North America. I donít expect that input given to BMWNA would get upchanneled to the mothership, nor that it would have a lot of impact with the mothership given the relatively small size of the North American market.

Best,
    DeVern
    My take as well. We are a small market regardless of size of an owners group. The forum represents a small fraction of that membership.
    Having German heritage in my DNA, working with German Nationals as co-workers and an engineer neighbor with dual citizenship, the old saying of ďYou can tell a German , you just canít tell them muchĒ seriously applies. As mentioned many times by a member from NM, Germans donít buy into home repair and they donít have Pep Boys in the neighborhood.
    Contrary to the constant soap box posts, most of us here are adult men and women and donít need self appointed saber rattlers speaking in our (my) behalf. We understand the issue and the effort that has been taken through the years. If one forgets the logo trademark issues several years back, a German owned conglomerate such as BMW isnít going to change plans or decisions. Assumptions by some that nothing has been done, asked, and replied to is just that. You truly have no clue nor do I. I do know this has been discussed here by current and former club officers enough to satisfy my questions.

At some point, someone will pirate the info as mentioned and/or the manual publishers will catch up. The current option they have offered is what we have. Remember BMW/AG would prefer a dealer work on your motor and donít see that changing. We too have choices and mine currently are to maintain the year models I do own and have tech info for, sorry many cannot.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team

No one gets out alive, Live accordingly!

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post

At some point, someone will pirate the info as mentioned, and/or the manual publishers will catch up.
    E-Bay is your friend - Just sayin'.....
    The only dumb question is the unasked question!

Team Pterodactyl - When we ride, we ride!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnsd View Post
    Some of us do not agree with this statement.
    Better written ... thinks they have better things to do!
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S

Unavailable for comment
    "That was for vehicles as I recall. I’ll bet it’s a larger segment of sales therefore a larger audience with more influence."

Exactly why the MOA should be involved.

"Someone is going to bootleg a copy and put it on the internet and things will return to somewhat normal."

Copy of what? There is no RepROM for the new models as they come out.

"My understanding has been that the pullback of service information was global, not just the US or North America. I don’t expect that input given to BMWNA would get upchanneled to the mothership, nor that it would have a lot of impact with the mothership given the relatively small size of the North American market."

Exactly why the MOA should show some leadership both in the home market and with the other BMW umbrella clubs participating in the BMW Clubs International Council.

"At some point, someone will pirate the info as mentioned and/or the manual publishers will catch up."

It hasn't happened with the BMW cars so there is no reason to believe that it will happen with the motorcycles. This is a false hope.

R. Reece Mullins 2022 Sport Blue R1250RT (Anja)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100 #1
    BMW MOA President