• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Is the Blue Ridge Parkway inherently dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fun thread

"My Maserati does 185. I lost my license, Now I don't drive. I have a limo, ride in the back. I keep the doors locked in case I'm attacked" Joe Walsh. I am sure it is different in every jurisdiction but in the agency/county where I did my last 20 years of my 30 year career, driving on a suspended license was referred to as a --- county felony. The judges told Joe Dokes not to drive. Joe Dokes got stopped and issued a driving while suspended ticket. Joe Dokes got more time in jail than a first time burglar or grand theft suspect. If not the first time caught driving, then for sure the second. Simple I told you boy, and you defied my authority.

I recall reading in a newspaper an article about a guy who was sent to prison for a DUI. But it was his 18th DUI conviction and he had had his driving privileges revoked several years earlier. Finally a judge decided that fining him again was a useless exercise so he got to go to prison for a while.

Well, that system's working...right? All we should do is add more laws. Because the laws we have, well...simply didn't anticipate repeated behaviors because humans never repeat behaviors.

It makes one wonder if any of the kids supporting this stuff have ever been in a serious business meeting. I have my doubts.

How many did the man injure or kill in DUI instances 1-17? How much property destroyed? I know the actual outcomes are irrelevant to the the Church of Punishment, but I find those reasonable questions.

Let's say he killed another person (depriving them of exactly everything there is in life), is it the license revocation that addresses that? Is it presumed that the revocation ensures he never operates a motor vehicle again? Seems like a different problem than "deserving" a ticket is in play there.

On the not-inherently-dangerous BRP (which is no more dangerous, say, than life) does the risk rise if DUI drivers are in play? Aren't DUI drivers always in play? I ride and drive as if they are in play everywhere—perhaps I should stop thinking about that because the law works.

No...wait...you mean I must make investments (psychological and physical) in my own safety? Perish the thought.

What if one needs to speed to get away from an apparently DUI driver? Still "deserve" that ticket, do you?

Yawn. Way too easy.

9966009.gif

Tiring... please stop junior

This is another form of trolling.

If i cared what you thought, I’d also consider it an insult.

As it is, I don’t care what you think. So, no harm.

That established, looks like you and Om will need to use your PermaBan stick (which Om has so menacingly referenced).

Wanna get back to the topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back