• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BaseCamp and City Nav map update?

W7lej1

Kindly curmudgeon
OK, it's probably just me, but...

I have BaseCamp running on an iMac. BaseCamp just updated to latest (I think) version, 4.8.12. I have a notification that I need to update the City Nav map software. I have the updated version of City Nav now installed via Garmin Express on my Nav IV, but I've no idea how to install the update "into" BaseCamp. Do I need to purchase a whole separate copy of City Nav? I've just spent several hours pouring through the Garmin support site, no joy.

If anyone has insights, I'm all ears! Thanks!

Marty

There's an option in Garmin express to download the map to the computer. When you soon Basecamp you can open the downloaded map.

If you don't want to download the map to the computer you can use the current map on the GPS while it's plugged into Basecamp. But you will have to have the Navigator plugged in Everytime you plan a route. The better option is to download the map from Garmin express into the computer

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Click map details, options, install to computer.
Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
fae6dfc343739e9cb8a2a2453290a3aa.jpg
4912d1a5807318c97ec2e791c3524161.jpg
3a7241bc6c587784c25386bf0df6be5c.jpg

Back