• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Squeak in front end of K1600GTL

marv-lou

Anyone had issues with a squeak, coming from the front end ? Sounds like maybe front fork, shock area. It it present with front end movement with road surface.

Assuming a telelever suspension bike...I''ll be thinking the rubber bushing in shock mount (can produce a pretty good squeak) area needs a little anti-squeak applied. Or put out a mouse trap.

marv-lou -

If you can provide more details as to the model of bike, I can add that to the title as well as move the thread to the appropriate forum area. From your past posts, you mention a K1600 GTL...is that the bike?

Thx...

A mouse in the saddlebag? Hey, its as good a guess as any! :)

Oh, I see now that its in the front end. Nevermind.

As I get older, it seems that more squeaks and other noises are coming from the rear end!

Somebody had to say it....

Last edited:
Thanks. I’ll look @ the seals, thought it might b something like that. Hoping it wasn’t a major repair
& yes… it the k 1600 gtl

Well known issue on most older model K16's. Seems most guys have used SiliKroil lubricant on the front end and have eliminated any squeaking.
You can probably find it online or at your local john Deere dealer.

squeak

Well known issue on most older model K16's. Seems most guys have used SiliKroil lubricant on the front end and have eliminated any squeaking.
You can probably find it online or at your local john Deere dealer.
it's not even that complex. The upper end of the shock at the front has some kind of a collar or the shock bushing that gets "unlubricated". I got a spray can of 3 in 1 lubricant and a long nozzle tube and did a couple of squirts at the top of the shock and at the upper pivot point. No more squeak. I don't know if it is the wiper for the shock or the upper bushing rubber but I haven't had the problem again.

Lights, camera, action! Thanks Tom for providing some visuals for this! As stated at the end of the video, "Stupid, Corny and Poorly Made Motorsports Videos". Can't be that stupid if it fixes the problem!! :thumb

Back