• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

S.E. Iowa to the Ozarks

TEDZEMLICKA

I plan to ride from S.E. Iowa to the Ozarks right after Labor Day, passing through Springfield, MO. What good roads do you recommend? I've done the Falling Leaf Rally area a few times.

Try highway 19 in Mo. Dam fine road south of I-44. It won’t take you to Springfield but.....you catch it on the way back north.

You can't go wrong with any of the back roads in NW Arkansas.
Since you've been the Falling Leaf you're probably familiar with 19 and 21 in SE Mo. Hwy 160 between Doniphan and Alton, Mo. is a fun road.
After Springfield you could take hwy 125 down to the Peel Ferry, then over to the Push Mt road (hwy 341) south of Mountain Home.

123 between Mount Judea and Clarksville Ar is a fun road.
16 between Clinton and Brashears, Ar is good.
74 on west out of Jasper is good.
21 south of Kingston Ar to I40 is good.
23 south of Eureka Springs down to I40 is good.

Places to eat

Low Gap Cafe on 74 east of Ponca.
P1030754.JPG

Cliff House on 7 south of Jasper, Ar
P1030759.JPG

Oark Cafe in Oark
P1030830.JPG

P1030832.JPG

Ozark Cafe in Jasper, Ar
20170502_140935.jpg

Gaston's near Lakeview, Ar.
Gaston's 5.jpg

Gaston's 6.jpg

Roaring River State Park Hatchery about 70 miles SW of Springfield is a interesting stop.

Roaring River SP (3).JPG

Roaring River SP (6).JPG

Roaring River SP (2).JPG

Roaring River SP (5).JPG

You both have matching bikes. So do you ever get on your wifes bike by mistake? LOL!

Also great pictures, thanks for sharing

You both have matching bikes. So do you ever get on your wifes bike by mistake? LOL!

Also great pictures, thanks for sharing

Yes :)

We have personalize plates and I try to have something different on the front of the bikes but I still head to the wrong bike sometimes.

I've hauled grain on 19 as far south as Interstate 70. 19 to 32, to 38 looks like a good way to Springfield.

123 between Mount Judea and Clarksville Ar is a fun road.
16 between Clinton and Brashears, Ar is good.
74 on west out of Jasper is good.
21 south of Kingston Ar to I40 is good.
23 south of Eureka Springs down to I40 is good.

19/32/38 is an excellent route to Springfield. 76/14 is a good route too (Willow Springs/Ava/Sparta).
125 south to Peel ferry is great.
16, 74, 21, 23 are all good.

All roads between Springfield and Table Rock Lake can be busy on weekends.

South on 19 just west of Eminence, Mo is Alley Spring mill. See the water coming right out of ground. Look it up. Very cool place.

South on 19 just west of Eminence, Mo is Alley Spring mill. See the water coming right out of ground. Look it up. Very cool place.

Thanks.
If Debbie's foot is healed enough to ride we plan to go to Arkansas in October and returning on 19 is one of the options.
I'll try to remember and check out the spring.
Southern Missouri has quite a few big springs.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...2!3d37.1442159!4d-91.4440263?hl=en&authuser=0

Big Spring is down in that same area.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...m2!3d36.952274!4d-90.9942935?hl=en&authuser=0

Last edited:
Thanks.
If Debbie's foot is healed enough to ride we plan to go to Arkansas in October and returning on 19 is one of the options.
I'll try to remember and check out the spring.
Southern Missouri has quite a few big springs.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...2!3d37.1442159!4d-91.4440263?hl=en&authuser=0

We have camped at Alley Spring numerous times. Eminence is one of my favorite really interesting places. I won't say it is the same, but every time I go there I imagine I hear banjo music. A former boss had a brother in law from Eminence, and some of his tales were .......

Echo Bluff State park is a good place to stay if they rooms available. First class Lodge,it’s only about 6 years old. It’s just north of Eminence. Big Springs is good too. They are rehabbing the park. Just camping right now. You wouldn’t believe the amount of water that is coming out of the ground in these areas. Cool area.

Back