• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello from North Carolina

jrbz

Hello everyone, new member from North Carolina. Just picked up a new F850GS a couple weeks ago after a long wait for it to make the trip from Germany. Now I’m getting myself reacquainted with riding after being away from it for 20 or so years.

6687BDD0-D834-4D36-A479-44E27F266C73.jpegE743DE59-7423-4DE3-BE23-03337F8DA362.jpeg

Welcome from Newfoundland. Take your time getting back in the groove, many would recommend a training course to help the rusty brain.

@m_stock10506 - I’m in the Winston-Salem area of NC.

@skibum69 - Thank you and training is definitely being considered.

@tsconver - I’ll look into Tarheel Travellers.

@m_stock10506 - I’m in the Winston-Salem area of NC.

@skibum69 - Thank you and training is definitely being considered.

@tsconver - I’ll look into Tarheel Travellers.

Great! And welcome to the forum.

Tarheel Travelers: Great folks. Only $10 a year for electronic delivery of newsletter ($20 if you want paper mailed). Lots of meet-up, meals, and rides. Some members in the Triad, most in Triangle and Fayetteville.

Training: Look up BikesafeNC. FREE, one day training course given by some local police motor officers. FREE!!! Motomark1: Private training. Excellent. Started by a retired NC Trooper (who brought the BikeSafe program to NC). Lots of course choices.

Piedmont Triad: There are a small group of riders in the Triad that started a group on Yahoo!. Yahoo! Groups is DOA and we moved it to groups.io. No fees, no officers, just riders. SMALL group. We meet once a month for breakfast, regardless of weather, and ride after if possible. Other rides, all month are just casual catch as you can. I will send you a PM. Go to groups.io and search for TriadRiders. Click on JOIN.

Welcome jrbz from the land of 100 miles of golf cart paths. Great looking bike! Enjoy the great riding in your area. Thanks for posting the pics.

Hola JRBZ! Welcome to the Beemer community.

I’m sure you’ll spend some $$ on Farkles; your bike looks nearly naked… We do support Professional Coaching; Mrs-HSV has taken several classes with retired NCHP, MotoMark1.com 🤜🤛 as well as other providers, like StayinSafe.com

Happy Trails this summer; be safe & be seen!
Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
:thumb

Back