• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GS-911 - How useful? Rental Units?

johnwraystewart

I've seen the GS-911 mentioned in various forum posts (though I'm not currently turning up any here on bmwmoa as I search):

https://www.beemershop.com/category...r-bmw-motorcycles-ted-porters-beemershop.html

Ooof, expensive. But as I struggle to try and sort out what's up with my ABS unit:
https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?100646-ABS-Error-missing-pin

... it'd be nice to have more verbosity than a couple of blinky lights.

Is this thing likely to tell me something useful about my ABS problems? Like "open switch to rear brake" or something? Or is it just going to give me a generic "ABS test failed"?

And does anyone RENT these anywhere?

I don't exactly know the landscape for the GS911 units and what it can do as well as its limitations. Cost seems to be a factor. But there is another approach talked about in the past...called Motoscan. Click on View Tag Cloud and search for Motorscan...a number of past threads come up.

Not worth it for the oilheads due to very limited capability with that generation.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Not worth it for the oilheads due to very limited capability with that generation.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Radio, I already have a 911 left over from a 18 R nine T so sunk investment. I'm surprised to hear it may be at least partially functional for the oil heads. What specific functions will it support? I'm keeping it around as I've learned to not sell any tools accumulated over the years brcause I know a new unexpected adventure is always just around the corner 🤣

I have one that I use for my '04 RT. It was helpful in diagnosing a lazy O2 sensor that was causing idle issues. You still have to be a technician/mechanic to understand what it' telling you though.

Any interest in renting it out!?

I just called the local "big" shop; they have no GS-911, and basically said they wouldn't do diagnostics for me if they did. Closest shop that *might* have one is likely Green Bay area, or somewhere in Illinois (I'm in Madison, WI).

Back