• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sena 20s EVO

RPGR90s

I've had this unit for a couple years as I updated from a SMH10, which worked flawlessly for the last 10 years.

My issue is that the volume control ring fails to increase or decrease the volume. It doesn't matter if I'm listening to music, chatting via the intercom or making a phone call.

I rotate the ring both ways and nothing happens. I was wondering if anyone has this issue?

btw, SENA has been totally un-responsive to my emails concerning this.

Thanks,

RPGR90s

If Sena does respond their first question is likely to be “is the unit updated to the latest firmware, via the Sena app?”

Best,
DeVern

I called the 1-888-333-7362 number and they first needed a receipt to prove that the unit wasn't stolen before they would help me. (honest, that's what the guy said).

So I'm currently fumbling around trying to find the receipt but in the meantime, I re-installed my old reliable, 10 year old SENA SMH10 unit and it works perfect.

Glad I didn't get rid of it.

When the time comes I'll most likely switch to a Cardo. Their curent PackTalk Black appears to be the standard. Or at least what interests me in serious sound quality. (45mm JBL speakers).

Or I could wait to see if a decent noise cancelling system comes on the market. THAT would really be up my alley.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I called the 1-888-333-7362 number and they first needed a receipt to prove that the unit wasn't stolen before they would help me. (honest, that's what the guy said).

Had the same run around with the receipt. Then they stalled for awhile requiring a photo of the serial number. All of this was required despite having registering the unit when I originally purchased it a few months earlier. Took about three weeks before I was certified as the bonafide owner of the unit. Now this hassle did not stop them from giving me technical advice; the hassle was for getting the microphone replaced under warranty. Certainly did not feel like a valued client.😕

Had the same run around with the receipt. Then they stalled for awhile requiring a photo of the serial number. All of this was required despite having registering the unit when I originally purchased it a few months earlier. Took about three weeks before I was certified as the bonafide owner of the unit. Now this hassle did not stop them from giving me technical advice; the hassle was for getting the microphone replaced under warranty. Certainly did not feel like a valued client.��

Yeah, having to prove you're not a thief first isn't' a good way to do business. I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

Last edited:
I was undecided between a Sena unit and Cardo. This decides it. Cardo it is.

I’m a Sena user of several years, and I agree completely—next unit will be Cardo. I have no idea where the receipt is for my original purchase and if that’s needed in order to get tech support, count me out.

Best,
DeVern

Things have really changed since that gizmo that hooked a couple of Kenwood ProTalk XLS’s together.

OM

Back