• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Clutch life expectancy, F650gs

miseenscene

Good day,

I have a 2006 F6650GS Dakar which has served me well for the past 12 years with only routine maintenance. I am a conservative rider and spend only about 10% of my time on unpaved roads. The cycle is approaching 24K so I am performing all the scheduled maintenance and have a question about the life expectancy for this engine.

Other F650 owners I know have replaced their clutch at 20K-30K which seems quite low to me. What have other owners found it to be reasonable clutch life on the Rotax F650GS engine?

Thank you.

Be well, ride safely.

RK

We have had three F650s. We sold one at 56,000 miles and two at between 60,000 and 65,000 miles and never replaced the clutches on any of them and had no signs of any clutch issues. All three were primarily ridden as road bikes with some gravel and dirt roads but no true log hopping off road use.

Good day,

Thank you for the information on your 3 F650s. I would expect the clutch to last at least 50k unless abused so your experience is reassuring.

Be well, ride safely.
RK

Back