• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Clutch life expectancy, F650gs

miseenscene

Good day,

I have a 2006 F6650GS Dakar which has served me well for the past 12 years with only routine maintenance. I am a conservative rider and spend only about 10% of my time on unpaved roads. The cycle is approaching 24K so I am performing all the scheduled maintenance and have a question about the life expectancy for this engine.

Other F650 owners I know have replaced their clutch at 20K-30K which seems quite low to me. What have other owners found it to be reasonable clutch life on the Rotax F650GS engine?

Thank you.

Be well, ride safely.

RK

We have had three F650s. We sold one at 56,000 miles and two at between 60,000 and 65,000 miles and never replaced the clutches on any of them and had no signs of any clutch issues. All three were primarily ridden as road bikes with some gravel and dirt roads but no true log hopping off road use.

Good day,

Thank you for the information on your 3 F650s. I would expect the clutch to last at least 50k unless abused so your experience is reassuring.

Be well, ride safely.
RK

Back