• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mini-Banshee horn. Anybody out there used it?

Check some of the threads in the Similar Threads pane below. You can also find other threads by using the Advanced Search in the upper right of the screen. Search for banshee and select "Titles Only".

I'm looking at installing this. It is ostensibly plug-and-play. Any users to verify?

They claim it is, in fact, plug n play. They even include the wiring pigtail. How many amps does it draw? Some have installed "big" horns and reported no problems; others have stated that higher amps will throw a code. I installed dual PIAA Superior Bass horns (VERY LOUD), powered directly from the battery by relay. Relay is trigged by the stock horn circuit; stock horn was not removed. Will try to post pics...

Last edited:
They claim it is, in fact, plug n play. They even include the wiring pigtail. How many amps does it draw? Some have installed "big" horns and reported no problems; others have stated that higher amps will throw a code. I installed dual PIAA Superior Bass horns (VERY LOUD), powered directly to the battery by relay. Relay is trigged by the stock horn circuit; stock horn was not removed. Will try to post pics...

I did that when I installed a Stebel Nautilus on my K1300GT. It works well, but there is a very small but discernible “two-step” to the horn activation due to the delay caused by the relay. Instead of one loud blast I get “meep-BLAASST”.
:)
Best,
DeVern

I did that when I installed a Stebel Nautilus on my K1300GT. It works well, but there is a very small but discernible “two-step” to the horn activation due to the delay caused by the relay. Instead of one loud blast I get “meep-BLAASST”.
:)
Best,
DeVern
Interesting. Get no discernible delay, just an instantaneous and VERY LOUD blast.

Where is the stock horn? Does this in its place or do you pull the wires and mount the Banshee elsewhere?

Where is the stock horn? Does this in its place or do you pull the wires and mount the Banshee elsewhere?
The Banshee comes with a wiring pigtail that plugs directly into the stock horn connection. Then the Banshee is mounted in the stock horn location, replacing the stock horn. It is up above the front wheel, inside the fairing (on a R1250RT).

I can now report: 1) the horn on a 2020 R1250R is buried somewhere under the fuel tank. 2) It is not accessible, or visible, with the side tank covers removed. 3) Suddenly the horn seems loud enough for the time being.

I can now report: 1) the horn on a 2020 R1250R is buried somewhere under the fuel tank. 2) It is not accessible, or visible, with the side tank covers removed. 3) Suddenly the horn seems loud enough for the time being.

My 1250R is at the shop but I thought it was on the right side behind the radiator fairing???

I left my oem horn and added a split Denali sound bomb powered from its own relay and triggered by the Cleartwater Can-opener. LOVE that horn. I have sound bombs on all three of my bikes and won't ride without them.

Back