• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Werks Quiet Ride Installation

The video must be short because it takes about a minute and half to change out the windshield.
Now, I can take it off, clean up everything, and install it in a short time. I had a little trouble installing it the first time (hence the long video). Turns out there was a pin missing in the lifting mechanism, made it difficult to install. More pics to follow showing the repair...

lost pin

Upon installing the windscreen, I noticed that it didn't align squarely with the fairing. I removed the windscreen and found this:
missing pin2.jpeg

A missing pin no longer attaches the lower control arm to the upper windshield bracket :
windshield bracket.jpeg

found pin

No where in the BMW parts catalog is a pin to be found. Luckily, the pin had dropped out and landed inside the fairing. I was able to retrieve it with a magnet :
found pin.jpeg

Pin replaced:
pin replaced.jpeg

Lifetime supply of Clips:

Attachments

• clips.jpeg
    clips.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 124
function

Now the windscreen operates correctly, and looks good as it aligns properly with the fairing. It is much easier, and faster, to remove and replace (for cleaning, etc.) now that the mounting brackets are rightly aligned.

0C8DD6AC-B790-49FE-B823-F9983707A030_1_105_c.jpeg

Back