• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

95 K75 Standard -- Lowering the footpegs

terri1957

While I know the answer to the question (because I've spent hours researching the problem), I'm still going to ask: Does anyone make lower footpegs for the K75?

I've asked everyone I know in my BMW world and have reached out to a half dozen manufacturers without any success (understandably since the K75 has been out of production since 1995). I even searched the Internet under K1, K100 and K1100 and couldn't find anything.

A recent full hip replacement is forcing the issue and yes, I purchased a seat with an inch more foam -- it helped, but not enough. If anyone has a solution, I would be eternally grateful.

TIA, Bill Shaw

Years ago I bought a used Corbin seat for my K100RT. It is much higher than the stock, requiring bit of a jump for me to mount the bike. My R1100RT has a Suburban foot peg lowering kit. My legs feel pretty much the same on each bike. I have done equally long days on both bikes with no leg issues.

Possibly adding even more foam to your already high seat might solve your problem instead of the current non-existent peg lowering kits for the older Ks.

I might just end going to a fabricator and seeing what they can do. I'd just hate to throw good money after bad on a solution that might not work.

I might just end going to a fabricator and seeing what they can do. I'd just hate to throw good money after bad on a solution that might not work.

If you do get a set made, please report back to us as to how well they worked out, your cost and the fabricator. Bet if he/she kept the mold/steps, there might be a few of us with old Ks interesed in additional orders. :thumb

As your hip continues to strengthen, it is possible that your needs may change (i.e., your flexibility may improve further and pain lessen). Before you spend a lot on fabrication, you might try a pad like an Airhawk to give you a little more seat height to see if that helps and buy some time for further healing/flexibility, provided you can accommodate the extra height when getting on and off the bike. I did something similar after a back injury many years ago...
:beer

Thank you jod01 for the suggestion -- I use a BeadRider that I find comfortable and allows me to periodically slide around without destabilizing the bike. And while I know my right hip will grow stronger over time, I also know that the arthritis in my left hip is beginning to show its ugly head.

And yes, Paul_F, I will let the world know if I find a cost-effective and suitable solution. :)

I’m having an issue with my new me K75C. Has a modified Corbin I think and I’m having issues with the muscles around the inside of my hips tightening up. I am trying different seat pads to see if getting taller will help

Back