• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I'm back on a Boxer!

jammin

Back in 2010 (ish) I sold my R1200ST (after 30 years riding BMW's as my primary ride) and bought a Triumph. Rode that until 2014 then bought a Victory Cross Country for 3 years then a 2017 Harley Electra Ultra. I liked all of them, but I didn't love them. Sold the Harley for almost what I paid for it with the intention of waiting until my move is done (moving from Phoenix AZ to Wichita Falls TX) before buying an RT. Well, ah, you know that didn't work out.

So Thursday the 22nd I'm looking through Cycle trader to see what the Dealers are getting for Wethead RT's and what the used market was. Even though I searched for Texas Dealers/bikes for some reason a 2013 Anniversary Edition RT with 4600 ORGINAL miles popped up...yeah you read that right...down at Iron Horse BMW in Tucson AZ. (Side note here: I did business with Ironhorse when I rode BMW's before and found them to be awesome folks and that hasn't changed.) So I clicked I'm interested and would like more info and filled out my email and phone and hit send. Jim from Ironhorse called me back within 15 minutes! So I asked about it, he said for sure 4600 miles and it's pristine and they've done all the services since new new tires (PR4's, my favorite) due to age and it's a one owner bike. I know a unicorn when I see it so I told him I'd take it. Gave him a deposit the next day on the phone and Saturday I drove down with a friend to drive my truck back. That didn't work out, it was a dark and stormy thunderstorm kind of day so she came home in a trailer. First time I've ever done that! I was wearing a Harley shirt so I guess it's ok.
Jim at Ironhorse was great! Had the paperwork done so all I had to do was sign my name and hand him a check. Even helped me put it in the trailer and tie it down.

So I've had "Annie", yup, I name all my bikes, for just shy a week. Re-joined the BMOA, got my Givi 47L topcase ordered and installed, Sargent seat on order and a set of bag and engine protector bars in the garage. Been riding her to work and am absolutely in love. I promise she'll be loved and ridden.

So, glad to back!20210724_152407.jpg

Interesting story about how you came to buy this unique RT. I appreciate your statement..."I liked all of them, but I didn't love them." I have to believe that riding a machine you love makes all the difference. Enjoy your virtually new RT. By the way, those are ominous clouds in the background of the picture you posted.

Interesting story about how you came to buy this unique RT. I appreciate your statement..."I liked all of them, but I didn't love them." I have to believe that riding a machine you love makes all the difference. Enjoy your virtually new RT. By the way, those are ominous clouds in the background of the picture you posted.

Thanks! Those clouds are the reason she went home in a trailer..lol. I don't mind riding in the rain, had my raingear with me, but it wasn't a day to be in a motorcycle. Especially one new to me.

Back