• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

dalej8041

I am shopping the list of many accessories available for a 2021 GSA I will soon buy. I am looking for functional feedback on adding Option 719 billet options to the bike. Can anyone share experience they have regarding its functional over aesthetic benefits, if any? Does the option prevent a future purchase of something the bike must have once you get it, say like pannier holders on a GSA vs a GS if you plan to buy bags eventually.

Thanks for your help!

For me, the 719 package only affects how I feel about the bike and the ride ahead as I walk up to it in the garage or step off of the curb after a sit-down at the local Café.

I do not personally derive much enjoyment from the gushing adoration of others over my machine; nor do I imagine other BMW aficionados walking by and noting the chrome accents [… on the parts I haven’t already swapped out] and judging the owner of the machine to be of… A More Deferential Ilk. My history of horseback riding, however, has taught me to appreciate the esthetics of a well-groomed steed ready for the next ride. With the Triple Black, I am now looking to add some careful tan/beige/olive accent panels cut from 3M vehicle covering, for instance.

While the 719 has enhanced my own personal experience of ownership of the motorcycle, the Premium package is what has actually made the difference in my enjoyment of the machine both under way, and after the ride is over.

Does that help?

Yes I understand and thanks for the reply!

I also interpret that nothing functional is derived from the added option. For example: the 719 option also delivers a stronger cylinder head cover or break fluid reservoir cover that might need to be purchased later to get adequate protection. I get the aesthetics and would agree that they look awesome on the bike and I am leaning towards getting the option as well. There are not many available in the Triple Black unlike the 40th Anniversary which 719 comes standard with the bike. I will be purchasing TripBlack.

Thanks again!

I'll chime in and say some of the adjustability and ergos of the 719 hand and foot controls are really good. Have them on mt 850gsa, 1250rt and 1250r. Sadly I have to be honest and admit that the rest of the package is purely bling, but I dig it and that's why I ordered it

Back