• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

AlaBeemer's Aug 2nd Sat R-2-E!

HSVPhil

AlaBeemer_Prez
Planning the August second Saturday Ride-2-Eat {14th}! As we’re still on our ’21 CoddiWomple Tour, I’m gonna keep this short. Meet for a BBQ lunch at Bama Boys BBQ in Henagar ~11:30! Address:= 8940 Burton Drive. Just next to the intersection of highways 40 & 75 in Dekalb County. P & K will lead whoever shows up at the Blue Plate Cafe for the usual Sat AM Vintage Breakfast on Governor’s Drive in Huntsville (after 0915). We’ll try to find some interesting backroads leading to the north & east.

Cheers Y’all, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen in beautiful Escalante, UT

Last edited:
I say we had a fun ride north on the kinda twisty AL-65 and over to the curvy CR-33 leading into Scottsboro, before crossing the Tennessee River toward Henagar on the MOAL's August second Saturday club outing!

We had eight riders attend a rather tasty bbq lunch including Señor Presidente leading with Mdm Secretary riding sweep. Hope we can do it again to another "Interesting" lunch spot before too long. Maybe more will show if there isn't "a threat of T'storms or the weather gets a bit cooler..." There were 4 Actual AlaBeemers on this month's ride and 4 actual Guests... :stick

Thank you to LD Rider Fred who heard about this Lunch-ride through an e-Blast sent out to the BMW Riders of Georgia next door and to "Turbo-man" Mark for showing up on his own ALaBeemer and getting involved with the north AL riders! :thumb

Here's the Huntsville contingent before lunch - they seemed to enjoy my curvy route over to Henagar AL.
Lunch-Bunch.jpeg

Here's the lunch bunch in action inside Bama Boys' BBQ
Bama-Boys-Lunch.jpg

Und here's my Long-Distance Riding (LDR) buddy hamming it up for the photographer...
Fast-Butt.jpeg

We're apparently busy on the second Saturday in Sept & Oct {doing other BMW rides}...

Go for your own Ride-To-Eat in the meantime! :eat
Until next time tho; Ciao!
Phil & Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

Back