• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Cleaning products..... What to use?

westcoastkevin

I do not normally get carried away with cleaning the bikes or cars.
As a consequence, I know little about the different products.

Short version:
What can I use to wipe down the bike that will not damage the windscreen or the plastic or the seats?

Thanks,
Kevin

(not trying to start a war.)

I like Plexus. You still need to get the heavy stuff off that may lead to scratches when wiped.
OM

This is the original "Honda Polish" https://www.denniskirk.com/original...mGP3oMvYZSLgCNhma8D21Eq06hOsCbFhoCQ0gQAvD_BwE
oe314426.jpg

It works, does a good job of dissolving bugs, and reduces static hence reduces dust. Cleans and polishes without water, I use a 2 towel method, spray-on rub in with 1st microfiber towels, lightly buff with the 2nd. It will make your seat a little slick.

This is the original "Honda Polish" https://www.denniskirk.com/original...mGP3oMvYZSLgCNhma8D21Eq06hOsCbFhoCQ0gQAvD_BwE

It works, does a good job of dissolving bugs, and reduces static hence reduces dust. Cleans and polishes without water, I use a 2 towel method, spray-on rub in with 1st microfiber towels, lightly buff with the 2nd. It will make your seat a little slick.

I bought a couple cans of that because it was cheap and a lot of people seemed to like it.
I didn't like it because you had to spend too much time buffing it out.
Didn't seem much better than Pledge.

Before I found Wash Wax All I used Eagle One Wipe & Shine Detailer and before that Mequiar's Quick Detailer.

Last edited:
I use Motul Insect remover 103256 for removing bugs from the windshield and my helmet shield. For quick touch ups between washes and light dusting I use Meguiar's M34 Final Inspection. Get some nice microfiber cloths and only use them for your bikes paintwork and plastics.

I buy a pretty environment friendly product called Simple Green Max that's easily found at Canadian Tire etc. I find it good for getting even heavy wheel grime off. Non toxic.

I use S100 or Simple Green's Aircraft Cleaner for thorough cleaning but the OP asked

What can I use to wipe down the bike that will not damage the windscreen or the plastic or the seats?

and for that the
oe314426.jpg

works great for me.

Back