• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Motorrad Warranty Extension & Maintenance Plan

exgman

I just (7/29/2021) read something interesting in Moto-EMag Issue 104 SE. It has to do with possible inclusion of Maintenance for BMW motorcycles as is the case with BMW automobiles. Also something was mentioned about being able to purchase an extended warranty for new BMW motorcycles. You can find Moto-Emag here: http://www.moto-emag.com

Here's a PNG of the piece I just read:

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 1.06.13 PM.png

My dealer in Scottsdale, AZ has a brochure on the pre-paid service packages. Note the 3 year program has a maximum mileage of 18k.

https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/service/ultimatecare.html#/section-overview-oil-service-packages

I've heard GOAZ usually pushed the whole service deal including tires. These prices are high enough. Maybe it makes sense if you take the bike to the dealer for service, but if you do some of it or all yourself, it's not a bargain. Then again I am not your typical BMW owner.

Looks like it does not include a fork oil change on a Wethead RS or R.

" Front fork oil change is not part of the scheduled service on Boxer, Heritage, or 6 Cylinder engine models."

So does their "valve clearance check" actually include adjustment(s), if necessary? It doesn't say so. For $1,700.00 plus one could buy a lot of oil filters, liters of oil, gear lube, spark plugs, air filters, o-rings, washers and even a 911.

Looks like it does not include a fork oil change on a Wethead RS or R.

" Front fork oil change is not part of the scheduled service on Boxer, Heritage, or 6 Cylinder engine models."

6 Cylinder engine models don't have forks! Front or otherwise..

6 Cylinder engine models don't have forks! Front or otherwise..

That's correct.
I was referring to the R1200/1250RS and the R1200/1250R.
These call for a fork oil change every 18,000 miles and the forks need to be removed from the bike to do the fork oil change.
The upside down forks are a different setup compared to the Wethead RT and GS.

Back