• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mirror upgrade 2003 k 1200gt

Mounting a set of ‘03-04 RS mirrors is about as turnkey as you can get. I put them on my GT within the first year of ownership.

Best,
DeVern

I thought the 03-04 RS mirrors would touch the GT shield at full lock.

I thought the 03-04 RS mirrors would touch the GT shield at full lock.

I don’t recall that, but then while the (horrible) stock screen was on the bike it never left the full-up position. That shield was swapped out for a Parabellum, which has never interfered with the mirrors. The RS mirror swap was a really common thing for the GT bikes.

Best,
DeVern

Mirror response

Mounting a set of ‘03-04 RS mirrors is about as turnkey as you can get. I put them on my GT within the first year of ownership.

Best,
DeVern

Thanks , I was hoping that would work but I was looking at an 02 and the base was different, and I assumed you couldn’t swap them out. I had an 02 rs previously .thanks !

Thanks , I was hoping that would work but I was looking at an 02 and the base was different, and I assumed you couldn’t swap them out. I had an 02 rs previously .thanks !

The RS mirrors were the same from 2000-2004. The GT mirrors have a straight mounting stem and leave exposed most of the boss they are mounted upon. The RS mirrors have a squarish base that covers the boss but still mounts using a single protruding stem, just like the GT mirrors, so the RS mirrors are a perfect fit. Makes sense, since both bikes use the same basic control perch but with minor changes like a windshield elevation switch.

51 16 7 653 773 (L) and 774(R)

Best,
DeVern

Back