• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wind, rain hand guards

erhrt

I would like to put hand guards on my 17RT. Most I find are universal fit. The only dedicated ones I found are Wonderlich at twice the price or more of universal types. So has anyone found one that has worked for them? Thanks
Eric

These are from a GS. The inner attachment is a fabricated piece of flat aluminum bar stock that I got at Home Depot. The inner attachment is on the back side of the add on clamp that holds my high mount mirrors beside the replacement clamp for the reservoirs.
These hand guards pretty much obscure the body mounted mirrors, but I have added high mount mirrors as well, and like them much better.

It's amazing how these guards allow me to ride deeper into colder weather with normal gloves vs dedicated heated gloves.

There are dozens of ways to make hand guards work...this is what works for me. All in about $45 since they were scratched, on eBay and it took some fabrication.

IMG_0332-M.jpg

IMG_0333-M.jpg

IMG_0331-M.jpg

IMG_5635-M.jpg

Sure not exactly what you want but these ones are excellent. Ascerbis has a wide range of options and surely has something that would work for you.
64589854116__30B9D5A3-AF3C-45AE-A3FA-0C0D4FFE87BB-XL.jpg

I have the BMW OEM setup on the F800GS. I found they provided good protection against a tight area hand pinch or a tree branch slap but nothing for cold protection. They do provide excellent support for cold weather "mitts" such a Hippo Hands.
OM

Back