• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Siebenrock 800to 1000cc upgrade for my 1983 R80RT

Thinking about doing this upgrade to my 1983 R80RT. The heads are sent to Teds Beemer shop for rework. I have read on the EME site that nothing else is required. Has anyone else done this upgrade, and how did it go, what else we needed?
Still thinking about this.
Any comments or thoughts will be appreciated.
Jim

Thinking about doing this upgrade to my 1983 R80RT. The heads are sent to Teds Beemer shop for rework. I have read on the EME site that nothing else is required. Has anyone else done this upgrade, and how did it go, what else we needed?
Still thinking about this.
Any comments or thoughts will be appreciated.
Jim

Make sure you indicate to the Beemershop that you are planning on the swap, as it makes a difference in valve and seat size selection.

Best,
DeVern

I bought my Siebenrock kit to change the top end on my R100/7 from Ted. Why not work with the one shop? He'll make sure you have what you need.

I bought my Siebenrock kit to change the top end on my R100/7 from Ted. Why not work with the one shop? He'll make sure you have what you need.

Thanks Kurt!
There is a local supplier Euromotoelectric that has the kit for $1,175 and a local BMW mechanic/expert will help me with the install. I will ask Ted when I speak with him tomorrow.
I will have to pay sales tax locally, but the shipping could eat all of that.
Haven't decided to do this yet, but sounds like the Siebenrock stuff is good and sound.

Jim

A few years ago I sent the heads on my 77 R100RS to Ted Porter for rework. The bike was burning oil so I obtained the Seibenrock 1000 cc nikasil-coated cylinders and associated pistons and rings. The heads came back so clean I asked Ted if they were the same ones that I'd sent him. He said that they were the same, but he does a thorough cleaning before doing work. With the new and re-worked engine bits the bike runs better than ever with no oil consumption. I feel that it was money well spent.

Back