Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about RT's

Quote Originally Posted by RIDERR1150GSADV View Post
    $60 for having the system flushed is cheap insurance to prevent future problems, but YMMV
    I'm guessing the $60 is for flushing the wheel circuit on a non servo brake system?
    With removing body panels and gas tank it will take longer to flush the control circuit on a bike with servo brakes.
    Last edited by Lee; 07-28-2021 at 02:29 PM.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by RIDERR1150GSADV View Post
    Sorry to disagree, but annual brake flushes aren't excessive at all. A lot depends on where you live, dry Colorado is different than humid Florida.
    I have seen the end result of waiting too long at my trusted dealer when people thought they could skimp on this.
    $60 for having the system flushed is cheap insurance to prevent future problems, but YMMV
    If only it were a choice between $60 and an easy DIY task, this wouldn't be the reason many avoid servo oilheads, and we wouldn't be having this discussion. Understandable you don't know what's going on, as I had no idea a maintenance situation like this existed before I bought this bike. Try $300-$400 for the flush or spending a good part of a day yourself, on a job that's - at least for me - not easy. Also the penalty for blowing it off is way worse than a gummed up caliper.
    Bogdan Swider
    http://bogdanswider.blogspot.com
    Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.
    James Thurber