• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

adhesive for side case bumper

jeks

some a-hole tipped my bike over. no damage apart from some scratches on the crashbar and the bumper on my case came off.

any advice or experience on adhesives to glue it back on?

IMG_0391.jpeg
IMG_0394.jpeg

When the rubber bag bumper came off Debbie's k1200RS bag I used 3M molding tape to reattach it.

Last edited:
I've used Permatex Super Weatherstrip Adhesive to remount the engine badges on my R100/7.

Sorry this happened to you. A**holes are everywhere.
Good that the damage was minimal.

On another note, replace those original brake lines.
They are very prone to failure at this age.
Replace with Stainless Steel Teflon lines.
Your life depends on it.

Spiegler makes an excellent product. Fit the first time, every time.
Banjo fittings are indexable.
Be sure to mention if you have bar risers for correct length of the front cylinder master line.

https://spieglerusa.com/brakes/brake-lines-accessories-tools/cycle-brake-line-kits.html

3M also makes a super weatherstrip adhesive, but it's bright yellow (the famous "Gorilla Snot"!) so you don't want overflow at the edges.
EDIT: They also have it in black.

Windshield adhesive - typically for the perimeter of the glass - would also work well; it's black and it's easy to wipe off the excess, but takes a full day to dry.

Is your rear fender cracked? (top picture)

Last edited:
FWIW, covering a motorcycle increases the “sail” area making the bike much more prone to being blown over. Special considerations as to ground angle and stability are needed.
OM

3M also makes a super weatherstrip adhesive, but it's bright yellow (the famous "Gorilla Snot"!) so you don't want overflow at the edges.
EDIT: They also have it in black.

Windshield adhesive - typically for the perimeter of the glass - would also work well; it's black and it's easy to wipe off the excess, but takes a full day to dry.

Is your rear fender cracked? (top picture)

no it was some white 'stuff' idk its gone now.

FWIW, covering a motorcycle increases the “sail” area making the bike much more prone to being blown over. Special considerations as to ground angle and stability are needed.
OM

yep in this case I am certain it was 100% human caused either by accident or on purpose (NYC Kooks) if I notice super high winds I take the cover off or bungee it down to prevent tipping but mostly bc I have seen paint jobs ruined by flapping covers.

Back