• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Repair manual

dravnx

Trying to find a repair manual for my R1200RS K54 2018. P/N 01-59-8-569-005
Did BMW made this out of unobtainium?
I've called a few parts departments and they all told me not available and no availability date.
I need to do a 12,000 mi service and would sure like the manual instead of watching a bunch of boobtube videos.
Any suggestions or leads?
Mods, if this posting needs to be moved to Wethead, please do so.

While the wethead RS is different in some areas from the RT, I expect that there are many similarities regarding maintenance.

A search on YouTube for BoxFlyer will reveal many instructive videos for servicing the wethead RT.

I've seen the Boxflyer vids and they are very informative. Sure would like to have the maintenance manual though. I've spoken to 3 parts departments now and they all told me the same thing. The DVD is not available and there is no date for availability. I suppose I could try and find an RT manual as there are enough similarities to get me by.

I've seen the Boxflyer vids and they are very informative. Sure would like to have the maintenance manual though. I've spoken to 3 parts departments now and they all told me the same thing. The DVD is not available and there is no date for availability. I suppose I could try and find an RT manual as there are enough similarities to get me by.

The first time you take the body panels off it's nice the have the repair manual.
The RS front suspension is not the same as the RT. If you decide to service the forks yourself you would want the manual.

I've tried to order the manual on-line a couple of times. The sites allow me to order the DVD and do not have a stocking status. A few days later they refund my credit card and tell me the DVD is not available and have no availability date.
I've called a few dealers and they all check world wide inventory and the DVD is not available.

I just spoke with parts at Max BMW. None of the manuals are available. I asked about an RT or a GS, figuring the drive train is close enough but they are not available. They suggested I call back in a few weeks.

Back