• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Looking for a custom seat builder in the NE

mharris123

Bought a 2018 GTL in September and after 6,000 miles on the stock and Corbin seats with lambswool and /or Airhawk I'm still miserable. Need something to keep me back in the bucket and off my nuts and at 5'7" an RDL ain't in the cards. Hoping for some info on really good custom seat builders I can ride to and get it right. I'm in SE CT so I'll take anything in the NE 25% of the country or south to Carolinas. Don't need the appearance customization guys-it can be covered in purple velour for all I care as long as it's 5-600 mile per day comfortable. Any direct experiences would be much appreciated thanks

It is going to be hard for you I am afraid. I ride a B/GA, which does sit lower; I know you just bought the GTL (and it is the same bike), but if you don't get your GTL set up the way you'd like, give the B a try.

It is going to be hard for you I am afraid. I ride a B/GA, which does sit lower; I know you just bought the GTL (and it is the same bike), but if you don't get your GTL set up the way you'd like, give the B a try.

Yeah loud and clear. My riding buddy is on a B and i did indeed ride it before I bought the GTL. I had to be cool-actually wanted greater suspension travel and removable cases. I'm just this side of OK height-wise. Just need to get off my balls

I’m going Thursday to see a guy in MD that does custom saddle work . He needs you and the bike there so he can see you sitting on the bike and adjust from there . He removes , adds different rubber padding of different densities , shapes it and then sends you on a 100 mile ride to see how it feels and adjusts again. All the VA mounted police riding RTs use him and the Indian and Harley folks too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrys seats

try this guy i used him on my camhead and head was $300. I didn't put the mileage i do now but was pretty happy. I hope the attachment is there or pm me for a number if it isn't

Attachments

• IMG_1039 (1).jpg
    IMG_1039 (1).jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 70
Butt Pad

Bought a 2018 GTL in September and after 6,000 miles on the stock and Corbin seats with lambswool and /or Airhawk I'm still miserable. Need something to keep me back in the bucket and off my nuts and at 5'7" an RDL ain't in the cards. Hoping for some info on really good custom seat builders I can ride to and get it right. I'm in SE CT so I'll take anything in the NE 25% of the country or south to Carolinas. Don't need the appearance customization guys-it can be covered in purple velour for all I care as long as it's 5-600 mile per day comfortable. Any direct experiences would be much appreciated thanks

I had the same problem exactly. My solutionbutt pad.jpg

Ten bucks worth of material and a couple of hours fiddling with the design and stitching and it works like a charm. It may not look like it but it's designed to keep you up and back off the center hump of the seat (and off your junk) but lets you go down and forward when you want to put your feet down.

Best advice you'll ever take from anyone wrt a K1600 seat is to bite the bullet, pay the price, and get a Russell Day Long.

Duane

Back